I NEED NOS! (RDRAM+AGP 8X)

Beast_Head

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003
I want to get a P4 3.06 w HT and a PC1066 motherboard for the fastest possible setup today, but I also want AGP 8X.
I have seen the mobo's with ddr and 8X AGP but none with RDRAM and 8X. Where are these mobo's? When will they be released? I dont want to wait for the 600-800 shabillyzillion MHz FSB chipsets because I waited this long for the 3.06 HT processor to be of resonable price range, and 8X has been out for awhile now. Im not buying a video card now so I need the AGP to support a next generation video card I will buy later down the road. How does Intel manage to make every option for thier customers to include a piece of shmidt computer for some expandability limitation? Also where are the dual channel 32 bit RAMBUS chipsets?

Man everything right now is such a piece of shtiit!! What are they going to do totally skip 64bit and go straight to 128bit or just start digging up old pentium 2's from environmental waste disaster sights in Japan to resale after they undo the secret 10X multiplier reduction?

This is bulsihnt intell, you screwed us with rdram, fine, but this has gone too far. Give me an 8X AGPset now or Im buying an AMD/DDR P.O.S. just to spite you!

After Nvidia put the shaft upin us sideways for 7 months I decided to just not buy anything now, and wait untill the next generation ATI comes out. This way I can be sure as many GeForce 4's and Geforce FX's rot on the shelves as possible, like they deserve,even the crap 9700 pro's too.

Come on guys,I've heard of market demand manipulation but this whole game is nothing but a waste of perfectly good beach sand!

...Angrily awaiting news of a real technology upgrade,
Beasthead

tombance

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
Firstly, PC1066 RDRAM is no longer the fastest setup for a P4, this has been replaced by the SiS655 motherboards that use Dual Channel DDR - coincedently, these also support AGP 8X. However, why do you want AGP 8X? It has been proven that current graphics cards cannot even use the potential of AGP 4x, even proffessional cards! This suggests to me that the bandwidth of AGP 8X wont be fully used for atleast 3 years, by which time you will have most likely upgraded again.
Also, AMD/DDR setups arent [-peep-]. In fact, they are in many sectors (such as FPU intensive work) better than P4's. Also, at the lower end of the scale (below 2.2/2200+) AMD processors are a lot cheaper than the same-performance equivilent P4.
Finally, Unless you are a complete dumbass, you may have noticed that the R9700 Pro is not crap, but in fact beats the GF4 Ti line by a long way, and has been shown to beat the GF FX in many cases. Although you can argue that the GF FX DOES have better performance, it does so at the cost of massively increased heat output, power requirements, and noise. We can expect ATI to release their next card soon that will not only outperform the GF FX, but will also do so without the requirements of a large fan, a large heatsink, a large and complicated PCB, and possibly an extra power cable (If ATI decide to release the next chip based upon the .13u core size).

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5467618 " target="_new">Almost Breaking 12k!!</A>

vk2amv

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2002
You said it tombance. BTW I have found this quote and I think it is the best description of the Geforce FX.

"The all new GeForce FX-
The only factory-overclocked vacuum cleaner, complete with upholstery attachment!!!"

AREA_51

'It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames'