Windows Messenger

When I klick on "start voice" ore "video conversation" I get an error message
saying, "Windows Messnger has encountert a problem, send Error Report to
Microsoft. When I do, my PC freezes up.
I can send instand messages.
Could you please help?
--
aufwiedersehen
8 answers Last reply

    Hi there,

    You may also scan your computer using the award winning Lavasoft Adaware
    software, please download from here (direct link):
    http://www.lavasoft.de/ms/index.htm

    After successfully installing the Ad-aware, please follow the steps below:

    1. Double click the Ad-Aware icon on desktop.
    2. Click "Check for Updates", "Connect" and download the latest pattern file
    if available. and click Finish
    3. Click "Start" and then "Next"
    4. After the scan is finished, click "Next"
    5. Select all the items (checkboxes) or
    (Right click on any object in the "Scan result" list and choose 'Select
    all objects')
    6. Click Next and click OK to confirm removal.

    If nothing works remove and download Windows messenger 4.6.

    Remove Windows Messenger:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_messenger_remove.htm

    Windows messenger 4.7 download is here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4&DisplayLang=en

    HTH
    Venkatesh

    "Ike" wrote:

    > When I klick on "start voice" ore "video conversation" I get an error message
    > saying, "Windows Messnger has encountert a problem, send Error Report to
    > Microsoft. When I do, my PC freezes up.
    > I can send instand messages.
    > Could you please help?
    > --
    > aufwiedersehen

    Thank you for the help. I have Ad-Aware and used it. Nothing!
    I have version 4.7.3000.
    Do you mean to get rid of it and install 4.6 instead?
    Did I misunderstand?

    "Venkatesh [MS India Community Star]" wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > You may also scan your computer using the award winning Lavasoft Adaware
    > software, please download from here (direct link):
    > http://www.lavasoft.de/ms/index.htm
    >
    > After successfully installing the Ad-aware, please follow the steps below:
    >
    > 1. Double click the Ad-Aware icon on desktop.
    > 2. Click "Check for Updates", "Connect" and download the latest pattern file
    > if available. and click Finish
    > 3. Click "Start" and then "Next"
    > 4. After the scan is finished, click "Next"
    > 5. Select all the items (checkboxes) or
    > (Right click on any object in the "Scan result" list and choose 'Select
    > all objects')
    > 6. Click Next and click OK to confirm removal.
    >
    > If nothing works remove and download Windows messenger 4.6.
    >
    > Remove Windows Messenger:
    > http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_messenger_remove.htm
    >
    > Windows messenger 4.7 download is here:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4&DisplayLang=en
    >
    > HTH
    > Venkatesh
    >

    > "Ike" wrote:
    >
    > > When I klick on "start voice" ore "video conversation" I get an error message
    > > saying, "Windows Messnger has encountert a problem, send Error Report to
    > > Microsoft. When I do, my PC freezes up.
    > > I can send instand messages.
    > > Could you please help?
    > > --
    > > aufwiedersehen

    You are using old software. Ad-Aware was renamed Ad-Aware SE and the current
    version is 1.05. Get it here:
    www.lavasoftusa.com

    Ted Zieglar

    "Ike" <Ike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thank you for the help. I have Ad-Aware and used it. Nothing!
    > I have version 4.7.3000.
    > Do you mean to get rid of it and install 4.6 instead?
    > Did I misunderstand?
    >

    > "Venkatesh [MS India Community Star]" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> You may also scan your computer using the award winning Lavasoft Adaware
    >> software, please download from here (direct link):
    >> http://www.lavasoft.de/ms/index.htm
    >>
    >> After successfully installing the Ad-aware, please follow the steps
    >> below:
    >>
    >> 1. Double click the Ad-Aware icon on desktop.
    >> 2. Click "Check for Updates", "Connect" and download the latest pattern
    >> file
    >> if available. and click Finish
    >> 3. Click "Start" and then "Next"
    >> 4. After the scan is finished, click "Next"
    >> 5. Select all the items (checkboxes) or
    >> (Right click on any object in the "Scan result" list and choose
    >> 'Select
    >> all objects')
    >> 6. Click Next and click OK to confirm removal.
    >>
    >> If nothing works remove and download Windows messenger 4.6.
    >>
    >> Remove Windows Messenger:
    >> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_messenger_remove.htm
    >>
    >> Windows messenger 4.7 download is here:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4&DisplayLang=en
    >>
    >> HTH
    >> Venkatesh
    >>

    >> "Ike" wrote:
    >>
    >> > When I klick on "start voice" ore "video conversation" I get an error
    >> > message
    >> > saying, "Windows Messnger has encountert a problem, send Error Report
    >> > Microsoft. When I do, my PC freezes up.
    >> > I can send instand messages.
    >> > Could you please help?
    >> > --
    >> > aufwiedersehen

    Thank you very much.I will downloadet right now.

    "Ted Zieglar" wrote:

    > You are using old software. Ad-Aware was renamed Ad-Aware SE and the current
    > version is 1.05. Get it here:
    > www.lavasoftusa.com
    >
    > Ted Zieglar
    >
    > "Ike" <Ike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Thank you for the help. I have Ad-Aware and used it. Nothing!
    > > I have version 4.7.3000.
    > > Do you mean to get rid of it and install 4.6 instead?
    > > Did I misunderstand?
    > >

    > > "Venkatesh [MS India Community Star]" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi there,
    > >>
    > >> You may also scan your computer using the award winning Lavasoft Adaware
    > >> software, please download from here (direct link):
    > >> http://www.lavasoft.de/ms/index.htm
    > >>
    > >> After successfully installing the Ad-aware, please follow the steps
    > >> below:
    > >>
    > >> 1. Double click the Ad-Aware icon on desktop.
    > >> 2. Click "Check for Updates", "Connect" and download the latest pattern
    > >> file
    > >> if available. and click Finish
    > >> 3. Click "Start" and then "Next"
    > >> 4. After the scan is finished, click "Next"
    > >> 5. Select all the items (checkboxes) or
    > >> (Right click on any object in the "Scan result" list and choose
    > >> 'Select
    > >> all objects')
    > >> 6. Click Next and click OK to confirm removal.
    > >>
    > >> If nothing works remove and download Windows messenger 4.6.
    > >>
    > >> Remove Windows Messenger:
    > >> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_messenger_remove.htm
    > >>
    > >> Windows messenger 4.7 download is here:
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4&DisplayLang=en
    > >>
    > >> HTH
    > >> Venkatesh

    And seek updates for it before each & every use, even "right out of the box"
    new.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

    Ted Zieglar wrote:
    > You are using old software. Ad-Aware was renamed Ad-Aware SE and the
    > current version is 1.05. Get it here:
    > www.lavasoftusa.com
    >
    > Ted Zieglar
    >
    > "Ike" <Ike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Thank you for the help. I have Ad-Aware and used it. Nothing!
    > > I have version 4.7.3000.
    > > Do you mean to get rid of it and install 4.6 instead?
    > > Did I misunderstand?
    > >

    > > "Venkatesh [MS India Community Star]" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi there,
    > > >
    > > > You may also scan your computer using the award winning Lavasoft
    > > > Adaware software, please download from here (direct link):
    > > > http://www.lavasoft.de/ms/index.htm
    > > >
    > > > After successfully installing the Ad-aware, please follow the steps
    > > > below:
    > > >
    > > > 1. Double click the Ad-Aware icon on desktop.
    > > > 2. Click "Check for Updates", "Connect" and download the latest
    > > > pattern file
    > > > if available. and click Finish
    > > > 3. Click "Start" and then "Next"
    > > > 4. After the scan is finished, click "Next"
    > > > 5. Select all the items (checkboxes) or
    > > > (Right click on any object in the "Scan result" list and choose
    > > > 'Select
    > > > all objects')
    > > > 6. Click Next and click OK to confirm removal.
    > > >
    > > > If nothing works remove and download Windows messenger 4.6.
    > > >
    > > > Remove Windows Messenger:
    > > > http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_messenger_remove.htm
    > > >
    > > > Windows messenger 4.7 download is here:
    > > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4&DisplayLang=en
    > > >
    > > > HTH
    > > > Venkatesh

    OK, will do. Thank you. Hope you all be there after I tested the messenger
    tomorrow.

    "PA Bear" wrote:

    > And seek updates for it before each & every use, even "right out of the box"
    > new.
    > --
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)
    >
    > Ted Zieglar wrote:
    > > You are using old software. Ad-Aware was renamed Ad-Aware SE and the
    > > current version is 1.05. Get it here:
    > > www.lavasoftusa.com
    > >
    > > Ted Zieglar
    > >
    > > "Ike" <Ike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Thank you for the help. I have Ad-Aware and used it. Nothing!
    > > > I have version 4.7.3000.
    > > > Do you mean to get rid of it and install 4.6 instead?
    > > > Did I misunderstand?

    Sorry, I misunderstood. English is my second language.
    I downloaded the latest Ad-Aware SE. Did what you told me step by step.
    I also removed my messenger and downloadet the version 4.7.2009 from C/Net.
    Note: the version on my XP Home E. CD had 4.7.3000
    The microphone-Talk option still don't work. It works when I used the Audio
    Tuning Wizzard.
    Other than that, the PC freezes up. Should I know something else?
    Thanks again!
    aufwiedersehn

    "Venkatesh [MS India Community Star]" wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > You may also scan your computer using the award winning Lavasoft Adaware
    > software, please download from here (direct link):
    > http://www.lavasoft.de/ms/index.htm
    >
    > After successfully installing the Ad-aware, please follow the steps below:
    >
    > 1. Double click the Ad-Aware icon on desktop.
    > 2. Click "Check for Updates", "Connect" and download the latest pattern file
    > if available. and click Finish
    > 3. Click "Start" and then "Next"
    > 4. After the scan is finished, click "Next"
    > 5. Select all the items (checkboxes) or
    > (Right click on any object in the "Scan result" list and choose 'Select
    > all objects')
    > 6. Click Next and click OK to confirm removal.
    >
    > If nothing works remove and download Windows messenger 4.6.
    >
    > Remove Windows Messenger:
    > http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_messenger_remove.htm
    >
    > Windows messenger 4.7 download is here:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4&DisplayLang=en
    >
    > HTH
    > Venkatesh
    >

    > "Ike" wrote:
    >
    > > When I klick on "start voice" ore "video conversation" I get an error message
    > > saying, "Windows Messnger has encountert a problem, send Error Report to
    > > Microsoft. When I do, my PC freezes up.
    > > I can send instand messages.
    > > Could you please help?
    > > --
    > > aufwiedersehen

    I got it working and thank you. Happy holidays.

    "Venkatesh [MS India Community Star]" wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > You may also scan your computer using the award winning Lavasoft Adaware
    > software, please download from here (direct link):
    > http://www.lavasoft.de/ms/index.htm
    >
    > After successfully installing the Ad-aware, please follow the steps below:
    >
    > 1. Double click the Ad-Aware icon on desktop.
    > 2. Click "Check for Updates", "Connect" and download the latest pattern file
    > if available. and click Finish
    > 3. Click "Start" and then "Next"
    > 4. After the scan is finished, click "Next"
    > 5. Select all the items (checkboxes) or
    > (Right click on any object in the "Scan result" list and choose 'Select
    > all objects')
    > 6. Click Next and click OK to confirm removal.
    >
    > If nothing works remove and download Windows messenger 4.6.
    >
    > Remove Windows Messenger:
    > http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_messenger_remove.htm
    >
    > Windows messenger 4.7 download is here:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4&DisplayLang=en
    >
    > HTH
    > Venkatesh
    >

    > "Ike" wrote:
    >
    > > When I klick on "start voice" ore "video conversation" I get an error message
    > > saying, "Windows Messnger has encountert a problem, send Error Report to
    > > Microsoft. When I do, my PC freezes up.
    > > I can send instand messages.
    > > Could you please help?
    > > --
    > > aufwiedersehen

Messenger Microsoft Error Message Windows XP