COD5 online

FATAL STR1K3

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
Does anyone know if COD5's online play will be as good as COD4?

i am really only interested in the online, not so much the single player.

darthvaderkenneth

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2008
yeah since pretty much a world war 2 mod for cod 4 which had great mp so CoD5's mp is excellent to, the only thing i'm worried about is if their sp will be as good. I've played the beta

The Hegemon

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2007
No, it is significantly worse. I've played the beta and let me tell you, it's nothing like Call of Duty 4. Weapons are clunky and unresponsive, spawn points are even more screwed up than in COD4, and the graphics seem a notch lower.

ovaltineplease

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
Everything that Hegemon said is basically incorrect except spawn points.

The only problem with weapons in CoD 5 is that smgs and pistols have too long of a range and are too accurate.

I mean if you compare it to CoD4 - well the weapons in CoD 4 are unreasonably accurate; its like every single player is a champion bodybuilder in that game.

darthvaderkenneth

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2008
no the game is actually well balanced the smgs actually hav realistically horrible range but hegemon was right about the weapons feeling clunky since i was getting a bit of mouse lag for some reason even though it was on a 30-40ping server. I also get graphical glitches with the water on the makin map if i oc my graphics card by even a bit.

G

No the graphics are better, the textures look much better and there is more detail in the maps.

ovaltineplease

Distinguished
May 9, 2008

Unless the maps in the retail release are massive, they have more than sufficient range to reach at least halfway across a map if not more.

With stopping power/deep impact you can kill people with the thompson in 2 bullets on hardcore.

Really, the mp40/type100 are generally fine because they actually have recoil appropriate to their rate of fire - although even they are too long range; but the tommygun is a joke.

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
The graphics (whether up or down a notch) are very similar/close to CoD 4, which looks good and runs well. The game plays pretty well online. There are a few bugs that some small patches could clear up and I am sure that they will. Some of the guns are somewhat annoying, but in their defense it is WWII and not modern so the weapons should be different and actually should be quite worse (not that I am really going to consider and CoD realistic, but you know where I am coming from).

The only complaint that I have is with the bolt actions being a 2 shot kill in the chest. It really really bothers me, but oh well I suppose. That and the sounds are inconsistent and not that great. Those are 2 relatively minor complaints imo. If CoD 4 is a 9 then I would say that CoD 5 is probably around an 8.7 on the MP side. If you are more of a WWII fan then it may actually be a 9 or 9.2 for you just as it is for my roommate who hates CoD 4, but loves 5. To each their own, but I think the game is actually worthy of the CoD title this time around (unlike CoD 3), I applaud their effort and recommend the game.

Also know that unlike CoD 4, the PC version has prestige mode and if you don't use xfire then the in game friends list could be helpful. You also now have 65 levels instead of 55, you get more points (8, 6, 2) for amount of damage done on an assist instead of just 2 and after a certain level of prestige levels hit you are able to unlock more custom slots leading up to a total of 10 custom loadout slots.

Best,

3Ball

FATAL STR1K3

Distinguished
May 21, 2008

thank you.

that is what i was looking for.

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006

Glad to help.

Beta (you can look in the menus and see what is included that the beta doesnt let you play and then you can tell how the game feels from the beta, which is actually more of just an early demo imo)

Some places will have it tonight and all should have it by Wednesday as far as retailers go. Idk about digital distributors.

Best,

3Ball

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I picked up the 360 and PS3 version tonight (they are the exact same if anyone is wandering and both very good). I am still awaiting my friends decisions of whether or not to get it on PC (the platform that I wanted it on the most :( ). If they do then I will be goin to pick it up for that as well, but I think they have all decided on left 4 dead, which I have already paid for so thats fine with me. I may pick it up just to give the PC some more sales numbers. Just doesnt feel right owning a CoD on console and not on PC. lol

Best,

3Ball

FATAL STR1K3

Distinguished
May 21, 2008

oh oh me too!!!

jerb

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
Hmm seems like all some people are mistaking "Call of Duty World at War" for COD5.

OMG U guyz likx = nubz n shizz.

Get a fricking clue.

jerb

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
LAAAAWLORZ @ teh Nubzorzz here in the nub gaming forums, yeah i think the next installment of the COD series was called.... COD5!! yup, i swear the next release is called COD5 i swear.

Guys, this is NUB!

enmar884

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Essentially, WaW multiplayer is Call of Duty 2 updated to Call of Duty 4's modern graphic/UI/feature standards. In other words, if you liked COD2's gameplay, but you would rather have it with features like player-controlled "UAV" and artillery, COD: WaW is the game for you. Every few seconds while playing you're likely to hear "The enemy country has found us!". That's the only thing I found semi-annoying.

What's the best part about multiplayer? The return of CTF!

tallguy1618

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007

WRONG! This is a mostly false statement. The gameplay is NOT the same as in COD2. COD2 has far better gameplay than COD4 and it has better gameplay than COD5. It's closer to say this is COD4 taken back to WW2, NOT COD2 with COD4's features. COD2 has a completely different play style that is IMO much better and truer to the original COD. This is the new direction they've taken, but it's important to know the difference.

Sorry if I've seemed harsh, but there is a very big difference.

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008

You cant go around saying people are wrong, and are giving false statements just because they dont agree with your opinions. Unless your a Nazi ofc.

In which case everyone in this thread will be gunning you down COD style :D