My DVD-ROM RW can't copy disc

I just brought a DVD-ROM RW and install Nero Express. After restart my pc, I
start to test and find it keep on eject. I check my device manager whether
the DVD is working. Yes, it is but still keep on eject when I want to copy.
But I went to Nero website and find out that my brand is not in the Nero
website. Is it Nero software or the device. Please help me.
3 answers Last reply
More about copy disc

    If the drive isn't supported by Nero how would you expect Nero to work with
    the drive?

    --

    Regards:

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    If you knew half as much as you think you know,
    You'd realize you didn't know what you thought you knew!

    "Kt" <silver80@pacific.net.sg> wrote in message
    >I just brought a DVD-ROM RW and install Nero Express. After restart my pc,
    > start to test and find it keep on eject. I check my device manager whether
    > the DVD is working. Yes, it is but still keep on eject when I want to
    > copy.
    > But I went to Nero website and find out that my brand is not in the Nero
    > website. Is it Nero software or the device. Please help me.

    I know what u meant, but in Nero, there are few support software for certain
    ROM which have such problem. I dont know how, but I have install another
    brand and it work perfectly. Where go wrong.

    "Richard Urban" wrote:

    > If the drive isn't supported by Nero how would you expect Nero to work with
    > the drive?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Regards:
    >
    > Richard Urban
    >
    > aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)
    >
    > If you knew half as much as you think you know,
    > You'd realize you didn't know what you thought you knew!
    >

    > "Kt" <silver80@pacific.net.sg> wrote in message
    > >I just brought a DVD-ROM RW and install Nero Express. After restart my pc,
    > > start to test and find it keep on eject. I check my device manager whether
    > > the DVD is working. Yes, it is but still keep on eject when I want to
    > > copy.
    > > But I went to Nero website and find out that my brand is not in the Nero
    > > website. Is it Nero software or the device. Please help me.

    Hi,

    1) Check for a firmware update for the DVD drive.

    2) Ensure you are installing a generic version of Nero, one that is bundled
    with a drive is often locked to that drive and will not work with other
    brands (one reason it is cheaper than the generic retail version).

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Kt" <silver80@pacific.net.sg> wrote in message
    >I just brought a DVD-ROM RW and install Nero Express. After restart my pc,
    > start to test and find it keep on eject. I check my device manager whether
    > the DVD is working. Yes, it is but still keep on eject when I want to
    > copy.
    > But I went to Nero website and find out that my brand is not in the Nero
    > website. Is it Nero software or the device. Please help me.

Nero DVD Drives Windows XP