My DVD-ROM RW can't copy disc

I just brought a DVD-ROM RW and install Nero Express. After restart my pc, I
start to test and find it keep on eject. I check my device manager whether
the DVD is working. Yes, it is but still keep on eject when I want to copy.
But I went to Nero website and find out that my brand is not in the Nero
website. Is it Nero software or the device. Please help me.

If the drive isn't supported by Nero how would you expect Nero to work with
the drive?

--

Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

If you knew half as much as you think you know,
You'd realize you didn't know what you thought you knew!

"Kt" <silver80@pacific.net.sg> wrote in message
>I just brought a DVD-ROM RW and install Nero Express. After restart my pc,
> start to test and find it keep on eject. I check my device manager whether
> the DVD is working. Yes, it is but still keep on eject when I want to
> copy.
> But I went to Nero website and find out that my brand is not in the Nero
> website. Is it Nero software or the device. Please help me.

I know what u meant, but in Nero, there are few support software for certain
ROM which have such problem. I dont know how, but I have install another
brand and it work perfectly. Where go wrong.

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> If the drive isn't supported by Nero how would you expect Nero to work with
> the drive?
>
> --
>
> Regards:
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
>
> If you knew half as much as you think you know,
> You'd realize you didn't know what you thought you knew!
>

> "Kt" <silver80@pacific.net.sg> wrote in message
> >I just brought a DVD-ROM RW and install Nero Express. After restart my pc,
> > start to test and find it keep on eject. I check my device manager whether
> > the DVD is working. Yes, it is but still keep on eject when I want to
> > copy.
> > But I went to Nero website and find out that my brand is not in the Nero
> > website. Is it Nero software or the device. Please help me.

Hi,

1) Check for a firmware update for the DVD drive.

2) Ensure you are installing a generic version of Nero, one that is bundled
with a drive is often locked to that drive and will not work with other
brands (one reason it is cheaper than the generic retail version).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone