CD-RW problems

My HP PC has a CD writer installed on it. On the front of the computer its
listed as a component, and the door even says "HP CD writer" however it is
not detected. Even in windows media player it is not detected....any ideas?

Hi,

See if this helps:
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

Under section 8 - Problems - there is a link to a patch that often resolves
this problem

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"cntrl4098" <cntrl4098@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My HP PC has a CD writer installed on it. On the front of the computer its
> listed as a component, and the door even says "HP CD writer" however it is
> not detected. Even in windows media player it is not detected....any
> ideas?

In My Computer, right-click the drive, select Properties, select Recording Page and
make sure 'Enable recording' is checked

"cntrl4098" <cntrl4098@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My HP PC has a CD writer installed on it. On the front of the computer its
> listed as a component, and the door even says "HP CD writer" however it is
> not detected. Even in windows media player it is not detected....any ideas?

TRENDING THREADS