czarousa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
I am in serious fix!! i was making a system for my client to whom i was telling about the ASUS A7N8X and quiet literaly going ga ga over it.
and then he hit me with something of which i had no answer too...
"If you say nforce2 is so good and nvidia also makes one of the best AGP cards which are also used on INTEL mobos and also with AMD then why on earth doesnt it make chipsets for INTEL when it hs the largest market and thus the maximum revenue is it coz it is not upto the mark to face the competition from the INTEL family or is it satisfied with the second rung processor (AMD)"
guys i had no answer to this atleast an answer by which i can satisfy his query
can anybody enlighten me on this or is it that like VIA it is not on INTEL's good list which to me seems highly unlikely

:cool: & :eek: is <font color=red> my frame of mind </font color=red>
so enjoy life but!!!!!!

sjonnie

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2001
A question of licencing? Dunno if Nvidia approached Intel about getting a licence to make a chipset for Intel P4 processors, probably they did, but maybe Intel had good reason to turn them down, like they wanted to make their own dual channel DDDR chipsets (E7000 family)? Intel seem pretty keen on keeping the competition at arms length.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/myanandtech.html?member=114979" target="_new">My PCs</A> :cool:

tuesday630

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2002
nVidia did approach Intel, and as you've suspected, Intel's response was a licensing fee that made the whole venture cost prohibitive. Frankly, I think nVidia scares Intel more than VIA and SiS combined. I also predict nVidia will make it into the Intel sector in the not too distant future. Unless VIA gets on the ball and comes out with something that rocks the world, the only chipsets they are going to be selling in a few years are for their own CPU's.

---There may be more than one way to do it, but why would anyone want to remove the fur from a feline?---