Thanks for all the responses so far. I originally asked reason for a
problem so the responses (not through lack of effort) have not been
conclusive.

Perhaps I should have asked for an answer to the problem. The problem
(requirement) is to be able to write to a CD or CDRW (on a computer with
XPPro- SP2) in such a way that it could be universaly read by any other CD /
CDRW drive irrespective of the operating system on that computer. I hope
that isn't too much of an ask.

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway

On 24/12/2004 Bill Ridgeway wrote:

> Thanks for all the responses so far. I originally asked reason for a
> problem so the responses (not through lack of effort) have not been
> conclusive.
>
> Perhaps I should have asked for an answer to the problem. The
> problem (requirement) is to be able to write to a CD or CDRW (on a
> computer with XPPro- SP2) in such a way that it could be universaly
> read by any other CD / CDRW drive irrespective of the operating
> system on that computer. I hope that isn't too much of an ask.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bill Ridgeway

In that case you would need to use a CD burning program (e.g. Nero) and
finalise the disk in the burn options, that should be readable on most
other CD players.

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.2 http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/delphi.htm