UM Runes Dropping Like Flies in HC NM Hellforge

Didn't I just get an UM rune about a week ago in HC NM Hellforge? Maybe
it was 10 days ago. Whatever,...

Anyway I surely must have cloned at least some of Kaytie's luck and
broughts it with me, I dids, I dids.

Last night while Bongo was AFK having dinner, I sent my Javazon to the
River of Flame and right around the corner was the Fat One. So my
javazon lived off the fat of his land and the fat one ended up corpse
meat on the stone ground.

Tiem to break the soulstone of the mepfilistic one.

Sure enough, another UM.

Now what can this be used for besides a Crescent Moon?

I know there's an armor but does that not require other high level
runes as well?

Orion Ryder

<orionryder@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Didn't I just get an UM rune about a week ago in HC NM Hellforge?
Maybe
> >>it was 10 days ago. Whatever,...
> >>
> >>Anyway I surely must have cloned at least some of Kaytie's luck and
> >>broughts it with me, I dids, I dids.
> >>
> >>Last night while Bongo was AFK having dinner, I sent my Javazon to
the
> >>River of Flame and right around the corner was the Fat One. So my
> >>javazon lived off the fat of his land and the fat one ended up
corpse
> >>meat on the stone ground.
> >>
> >>Tiem to break the soulstone of the mepfilistic one.
> >>
> >>Sure enough, another UM.
> >>
> >>Now what can this be used for besides a Crescent Moon?
> >>

> >>I know there's an armor but does that not require other high level
> >>runes as well?
> >
> > Yeah, Chains of Honor, Dol Um Ber Ist. Pretty nifty runeword.
> > My Bowazon likes it, even more since its one of the few legit CoHs
on
> > Bnet :)
>
> Duress armor is only Shael, Um, Thul, so no other high runes in that
> one.

Yeah and this one sounds good.

A 440 base defense puts the enhanced def between 1100 and 1320, not
bad.

Resists, crushing blow, open wounds.

Sounds good for melee or better for a good ranged attacker.

I think my ranger might like this one.

Maybe my zon too.

Orion Ryder

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 12:02:13 -0700, Orion Ryder wrote:

>> Duress armor is only Shael, Um, Thul, so no other high runes in that
>> one.
>
> Yeah and this one sounds good.
>
> A 440 base defense puts the enhanced def between 1100 and 1320, not
> bad.
>
> Resists, crushing blow, open wounds.
>
> Sounds good for melee or better for a good ranged attacker.
>
> I think my ranger might like this one.
>
> Maybe my zon too.

It's very good offensively for chars with a phys damage attack,
though only giving +15 res to Fire, Lightning, and Poison could
be less than optimal for low twinkage builds in HC. If I was
playing HC with a Ranger or Bowazon, using an A2 merc, and had
only a Duress and, say, a Lionheart available, I would probably put
the Duress on the merc and use the Lionheart to save strength
points and optimize vita on my char.

wrote:

>Didn't I just get an UM rune about a week ago in HC NM Hellforge? Maybe
>it was 10 days ago. Whatever,...
>
>Anyway I surely must have cloned at least some of Kaytie's luck and
>broughts it with me, I dids, I dids.
>
>Last night while Bongo was AFK having dinner, I sent my Javazon to the
>River of Flame and right around the corner was the Fat One. So my
>javazon lived off the fat of his land and the fat one ended up corpse
>meat on the stone ground.
>
>Tiem to break the soulstone of the mepfilistic one.
>
>Sure enough, another UM.
>
>Now what can this be used for besides a Crescent Moon?
>

>I know there's an armor but does that not require other high level
>runes as well?

Yeah, Chains of Honor, Dol Um Ber Ist. Pretty nifty runeword.
My Bowazon likes it, even more since its one of the few legit CoHs on
Bnet :)

still shaking,

Kryptic Kai

>Orion Ryder

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 17:20:13 +0200, Kai Scholz-Starke wrote:

> On 5 Apr 2005 07:35:25 -0700, "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Didn't I just get an UM rune about a week ago in HC NM Hellforge? Maybe
>>it was 10 days ago. Whatever,...
>>
>>Anyway I surely must have cloned at least some of Kaytie's luck and
>>broughts it with me, I dids, I dids.
>>
>>Last night while Bongo was AFK having dinner, I sent my Javazon to the
>>River of Flame and right around the corner was the Fat One. So my
>>javazon lived off the fat of his land and the fat one ended up corpse
>>meat on the stone ground.
>>
>>Tiem to break the soulstone of the mepfilistic one.
>>
>>Sure enough, another UM.
>>
>>Now what can this be used for besides a Crescent Moon?
>>

>>I know there's an armor but does that not require other high level
>>runes as well?
>
> Yeah, Chains of Honor, Dol Um Ber Ist. Pretty nifty runeword.
> My Bowazon likes it, even more since its one of the few legit CoHs on
> Bnet :)

Duress armor is only Shael, Um, Thul, so no other high runes in that
one.

WhiteDog

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2003

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
> Last2Know wrote:
> > On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 17:20:13 +0200, Kai Scholz-Starke wrote:

> >> Yeah, Chains of Honor, Dol Um Ber Ist. Pretty nifty runeword.
> >> My Bowazon likes it, even more since its one of the few legit CoHs on
> >> Bnet :)
> >
> > Duress armor is only Shael, Um, Thul, so no other high runes in that
> > one.
>
> Yes but that answer doesn't give Kai an opportunity to rub our noses in
the
> fact that he found a Ber. <g>

Yeah, but you can still make fun of the fact that he is a complete chicken
when he plays. :)

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 12:42:24 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

>>> Yeah, Chains of Honor, Dol Um Ber Ist. Pretty nifty runeword.
>>> My Bowazon likes it, even more since its one of the few legit CoHs on
>>> Bnet :)
>>
>> Duress armor is only Shael, Um, Thul, so no other high runes in that
>> one.
>
> Yes but that answer doesn't give Kai an opportunity to rub our noses in the
> fact that he found a Ber. <g>

I haven't found anything higher than an Ist, but I'm currently in the
mode of trading for the stuff I want and not worrying too much about
where it came from. I recently wheedled my way up to a Lo -
the only rare rune required for Fortitude armor. Fort armor turns
out to be a key piece of equipment for a Dragon Talon/Blade Fury build.
Basically the only non skill thing that adds physical damage to DT is
off-weapon, non-jewel, plain old %enhanced damage (Deadly Strike doesn't
work, Laying of Hands doesn't work, charms don't work, etc). So the 300%
ED from Fortitude is a nice complement to the 138% ED on lvl 20 Dragon
Talon, and the life boost from that armor all helps the MA assassin.
So for that build Fort is the preferred armor.

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 04:35:21 GMT, "Whitedog"
<jroyer2@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
>> Last2Know wrote:

>> > Duress armor is only Shael, Um, Thul, so no other high runes in that
>> > one.
>>
>> Yes but that answer doesn't give Kai an opportunity to rub our noses in
>the
>> fact that he found a Ber. <g>
>
>Yeah, but you can still make fun of the fact that he is a complete chicken
>when he plays. :)

Watch out doggie boy, or i will slap you in the face with my feathery
chicken wing! i tell you, you won't forget that :)

You know, let me be the chicken, i clear your corpse afterwards, ok?

Kai

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 12:42:24 +1200, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>
wrote:

>Last2Know wrote:
>> On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 17:20:13 +0200, Kai Scholz-Starke wrote:

>>> Yeah, Chains of Honor, Dol Um Ber Ist. Pretty nifty runeword.
>>> My Bowazon likes it, even more since its one of the few legit CoHs on
>>> Bnet :)
>>
>> Duress armor is only Shael, Um, Thul, so no other high runes in that
>> one.
>
>Yes but that answer doesn't give Kai an opportunity to rub our noses in the
>fact that he found a Ber. <g>

I had to say something!

WoOOooOOooOOOT

Kai

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 21:13:56 +1200, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>
wrote:

>Kai Scholz-Starke wrote:
>> On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 12:42:24 +1200, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes but that answer doesn't give Kai an opportunity to rub our noses
>>> in the fact that he found a Ber. <g>
>>
>> I had to say something!
>>
>> WoOOooOOooOOOT
>
>LOL, you mean again?
>
>CoH *is* nice though.

No, unfortunatly not again. I think one Ber per 18 or 20 months of
playing this game almost every day is more than i can expect...

And the CoH looks so cool, its made in a scarab husk. Black leather on
a zon really rocks! Now, how do i get rid of this ugly andariels face?

Kai