UM Runes Dropping Like Flies in HC NM Hellforge

Didn't I just get an UM rune about a week ago in HC NM Hellforge? Maybe
it was 10 days ago. Whatever,...

Anyway I surely must have cloned at least some of Kaytie's luck and
broughts it with me, I dids, I dids.

Last night while Bongo was AFK having dinner, I sent my Javazon to the
River of Flame and right around the corner was the Fat One. So my
javazon lived off the fat of his land and the fat one ended up corpse
meat on the stone ground.

Tiem to break the soulstone of the mepfilistic one.

Sure enough, another UM.

Now what can this be used for besides a Crescent Moon?

I know there's an armor but does that not require other high level
runes as well?

Orion Ryder
9 answers Last reply
More about runes dropping flies hellforge

    <orionryder@hotmail.com>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >>Didn't I just get an UM rune about a week ago in HC NM Hellforge?
    Maybe
    > >>it was 10 days ago. Whatever,...
    > >>
    > >>Anyway I surely must have cloned at least some of Kaytie's luck and
    > >>broughts it with me, I dids, I dids.
    > >>
    > >>Last night while Bongo was AFK having dinner, I sent my Javazon to
    the
    > >>River of Flame and right around the corner was the Fat One. So my
    > >>javazon lived off the fat of his land and the fat one ended up
    corpse
    > >>meat on the stone ground.
    > >>
    > >>Tiem to break the soulstone of the mepfilistic one.
    > >>
    > >>Sure enough, another UM.
    > >>
    > >>Now what can this be used for besides a Crescent Moon?
    > >>

    > >>I know there's an armor but does that not require other high level
    > >>runes as well?
    > >
    > > Yeah, Chains of Honor, Dol Um Ber Ist. Pretty nifty runeword.
    > > My Bowazon likes it, even more since its one of the few legit CoHs
    on
    > > Bnet :-)
    >
    > Duress armor is only Shael, Um, Thul, so no other high runes in that
    > one.

    Yeah and this one sounds good.

    A 440 base defense puts the enhanced def between 1100 and 1320, not
    bad.

    Resists, crushing blow, open wounds.

    Sounds good for melee or better for a good ranged attacker.

    I think my ranger might like this one.

    Maybe my zon too.

    Orion Ryder

    On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 12:02:13 -0700, Orion Ryder wrote:

    >> Duress armor is only Shael, Um, Thul, so no other high runes in that
    >> one.
    >
    > Yeah and this one sounds good.
    >
    > A 440 base defense puts the enhanced def between 1100 and 1320, not
    > bad.
    >
    > Resists, crushing blow, open wounds.
    >
    > Sounds good for melee or better for a good ranged attacker.
    >
    > I think my ranger might like this one.
    >
    > Maybe my zon too.

    It's very good offensively for chars with a phys damage attack,
    though only giving +15 res to Fire, Lightning, and Poison could
    be less than optimal for low twinkage builds in HC. If I was
    playing HC with a Ranger or Bowazon, using an A2 merc, and had
    only a Duress and, say, a Lionheart available, I would probably put
    the Duress on the merc and use the Lionheart to save strength
    points and optimize vita on my char.

    wrote:

    >Didn't I just get an UM rune about a week ago in HC NM Hellforge? Maybe
    >it was 10 days ago. Whatever,...
    >
    >Anyway I surely must have cloned at least some of Kaytie's luck and
    >broughts it with me, I dids, I dids.
    >
    >Last night while Bongo was AFK having dinner, I sent my Javazon to the
    >River of Flame and right around the corner was the Fat One. So my
    >javazon lived off the fat of his land and the fat one ended up corpse
    >meat on the stone ground.
    >
    >Tiem to break the soulstone of the mepfilistic one.
    >
    >Sure enough, another UM.
    >
    >Now what can this be used for besides a Crescent Moon?
    >

    >I know there's an armor but does that not require other high level
    >runes as well?

    Yeah, Chains of Honor, Dol Um Ber Ist. Pretty nifty runeword.
    My Bowazon likes it, even more since its one of the few legit CoHs on
    Bnet :-)

    still shaking,

    Kryptic Kai

    "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
    > Last2Know wrote:
    > > On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 17:20:13 +0200, Kai Scholz-Starke wrote:

    > >> Yeah, Chains of Honor, Dol Um Ber Ist. Pretty nifty runeword.
    > >> My Bowazon likes it, even more since its one of the few legit CoHs on
    > >> Bnet :-)
    > >
    > > Duress armor is only Shael, Um, Thul, so no other high runes in that
    > > one.
    >
    > Yes but that answer doesn't give Kai an opportunity to rub our noses in
    the
    > fact that he found a Ber. <g>

    Yeah, but you can still make fun of the fact that he is a complete chicken
    when he plays. :)

    On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 12:42:24 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

    >>> Yeah, Chains of Honor, Dol Um Ber Ist. Pretty nifty runeword.
    >>> My Bowazon likes it, even more since its one of the few legit CoHs on
    >>> Bnet :-)
    >>
    >> Duress armor is only Shael, Um, Thul, so no other high runes in that
    >> one.
    >
    > Yes but that answer doesn't give Kai an opportunity to rub our noses in the
    > fact that he found a Ber. <g>

    I haven't found anything higher than an Ist, but I'm currently in the
    mode of trading for the stuff I want and not worrying too much about
    where it came from. I recently wheedled my way up to a Lo -
    the only rare rune required for Fortitude armor. Fort armor turns
    out to be a key piece of equipment for a Dragon Talon/Blade Fury build.
    Basically the only non skill thing that adds physical damage to DT is
    off-weapon, non-jewel, plain old %enhanced damage (Deadly Strike doesn't
    work, Laying of Hands doesn't work, charms don't work, etc). So the 300%
    ED from Fortitude is a nice complement to the 138% ED on lvl 20 Dragon
    Talon, and the life boost from that armor all helps the MA assassin.
    So for that build Fort is the preferred armor.

    On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 04:35:21 GMT, "Whitedog"
    <jroyer2@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

    >"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
    >> Last2Know wrote:

    >> > Duress armor is only Shael, Um, Thul, so no other high runes in that
    >> > one.
    >>
    >> Yes but that answer doesn't give Kai an opportunity to rub our noses in
    >the
    >> fact that he found a Ber. <g>
    >
    >Yeah, but you can still make fun of the fact that he is a complete chicken
    >when he plays. :)

    Watch out doggie boy, or i will slap you in the face with my feathery
    chicken wing! i tell you, you won't forget that :-)

    You know, let me be the chicken, i clear your corpse afterwards, ok?

    Kai

    On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 12:42:24 +1200, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>
    wrote:

    >Last2Know wrote:
    >> On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 17:20:13 +0200, Kai Scholz-Starke wrote:

    >>> Yeah, Chains of Honor, Dol Um Ber Ist. Pretty nifty runeword.
    >>> My Bowazon likes it, even more since its one of the few legit CoHs on
    >>> Bnet :-)
    >>
    >> Duress armor is only Shael, Um, Thul, so no other high runes in that
    >> one.
    >
    >Yes but that answer doesn't give Kai an opportunity to rub our noses in the
    >fact that he found a Ber. <g>

    I had to say something!

    WoOOooOOooOOOT

    Kai

    On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 21:13:56 +1200, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>
    wrote:

    >Kai Scholz-Starke wrote:
    >> On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 12:42:24 +1200, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>
    >> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Yes but that answer doesn't give Kai an opportunity to rub our noses
    >>> in the fact that he found a Ber. <g>
    >>
    >> I had to say something!
    >>
    >> WoOOooOOooOOOT
    >
    >LOL, you mean again?
    >
    >CoH *is* nice though.

    No, unfortunatly not again. I think one Ber per 18 or 20 months of
    playing this game almost every day is more than i can expect...

    And the CoH looks so cool, its made in a scarab husk. Black leather on
    a zon really rocks! Now, how do i get rid of this ugly andariels face?

    Kai

Diablo Video Games