Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 Long Boot Time

Last response: in Windows 7
August 23, 2010 9:05:18 PM

recently, when i turned off my computer and turned it back on, my windows took went from about 10 seconds to boot to 5 minutes. i havent messed around with anything maybe other than trying to get my gpu to work (reseated it a couple of times), but other than that nothing. please help!

More about : windows long boot time

a b $ Windows 7
August 23, 2010 9:13:00 PM

Making a guess on the small amount of information you have given I would suspect that there is either a problem with the file system on your hard drive or Win 7 is trying to update with some patches and is having some trouble. Once it is booted run some tests on your hard drive and make sure it is not about to fail on you. If you cant find anything obvious try restoring Win 7 to an earlier restore point and see if this eliminates the problem.
m
l
August 23, 2010 9:22:48 PM

sorry but i dont know what else to give you, my information itself is limited.

hard drive seems great, loads fast and doesnt seem like it has a problem, as when i am booted up theres no problems

ive actually tried restoring it, didnt work
anything else?
m
l
Related resources
August 24, 2010 7:36:51 PM

thanks for the reply, I have already tried this and forgot to mention it. Still is about the same boot time.
m
l
August 24, 2010 8:10:15 PM

Oh, well maybe you just need to do something to improve computer performance.

Boots slow and runs slow is a common problem for all Windows user. It's not all related with hardware, registry, viruses or spyware!

"No matter how fast or shiny computers might be when they're new, they all seem to get slower over time." Microsoft claimed that on their technical forum(Windows 7 forum).

In fact, Windows built-in a lot of services and startup item start with system. So if you want a faster computer, you need to disable some of them first.

I saw an article before. It descripe how to make your windows faster.
-------> How to Speed Up Computer: http://www.pianoeasy.net/windowsarticle/how_to_speed_up...

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team
m
l
!