Getting rid of ITunes

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi, I would like to delete "ITunes" from my machine, I tried "Add and
Remove", it don't aloud me because , a installation window pops up.
I need to unistall it, I did deleted what ever I found from Registry search.
What could I do?
Thanks.
--
Jfern

Ras

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2003

That 'installation window' you speak of probably is the uninstall process
trying to work. But now that you have deleted all those things from the
registry the uninstall is just about guaranteed to fail. The best way now
is to do another install (to the same directory) and then uninstall it from
'Add/Remove Programs'.

"Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I would like to delete "ITunes" from my machine, I tried "Add and
> Remove", it don't aloud me because , a installation window pops up.
> I need to unistall it, I did deleted what ever I found from Registry
> search.
> What could I do?
> Thanks.
> --
> Jfern

Just like you have to click Start to shutdown windows you sometimes have to
run an installer to uninstall. I know. It doesn't make sense. Reinstall
ITunes and see if the installer will give you options to uninstall.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I would like to delete "ITunes" from my machine, I tried "Add and
> Remove", it don't aloud me because , a installation window pops up.
> I need to unistall it, I did deleted what ever I found from Registry
> search.
> What could I do?
> Thanks.
> --
> Jfern

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Yes, you are right, it did work, when reinstalling there was a option to
unistall it , good ...thanks for your help.
Merry Christmas!

"Harry Ohrn" wrote:

> Just like you have to click Start to shutdown windows you sometimes have to
> run an installer to uninstall. I know. It doesn't make sense. Reinstall
> ITunes and see if the installer will give you options to uninstall.
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I would like to delete "ITunes" from my machine, I tried "Add and
> > Remove", it don't aloud me because , a installation window pops up.
> > I need to unistall it, I did deleted what ever I found from Registry
> > search.
> > What could I do?
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > Jfern

Thanks but give ras credit too :)
Merry Christmas (or at least what's left of it) back at you.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp