SOLD Brand New ASUS GeForce GT 240 Graphics Card x2 (89.99 each)

Status
Not open for further replies.

penn919

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Greetings,

I've got two Brand New Factory Sealed Asus GeForce GT 240 Graphics Cards. I'd like $89.99 shipped (each). I'll consider offers.

Brief Specs:

Processor Speed: 550 MHz
Memory: 1GB DDR3 1580MHZ
Bus Width: 128 bit
Stream Processors: 96
Cooling: Fan

I'll take paypal, but I can also do Google Checkout via my website (not sure if I can post a link here so pm me). I'll ship priority mail and provide confirmation numbers.

penn919

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Yeah, and I suspect that they'd be plenty of folks who'd pounce at the chance to spend 96.99 + 7.56 shipping, wait a few days, fill-out the rebate form, mail it out, then stand in front of a mirror whilst smacking themselves mercilessly when they realize that NO REBATES WILL BE ISSUED PAST THE 31st. When they remember what I offered here, I bet it won't be a bright red swollen face that'll hurt the most......

I'm hoping you're not one of those folks. ;)

With regards to the warranty, most of us know malfunctions rarely happen, and besides..I'll gladly refund anyone who receives a non-functioning card.

PoignantJ

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
Amazon.com had a EVGA Geforce GT 240 512 MB DDR5 Superclocked (only memory though, not core clock) for $35 after rebate USD no tax and free shipping a day or two ago. I was late to it, and it sold out fast. :fou: Now its back up high again and last time I checked it was out of stock. I personally got a normal version of it on amazon.com for $45 after rebate, again with no tax or shipping.

Only posted that one because it is the exact card but if you really want an idea about the pricing on a 240 then consider the XFX 1gb. model for $84.99 shipped so same or less cash outlay and get a $20 MIR (saving $25 over what you are asking) for a better card and double lifetime warranty OR even bettr the MSI version with Faster DDR5 RAM for the same $84.99 cash outlay with a $30 MIR ($35 less than you are asking) -- So even if the MIR on the ASUS model expires there are alot of other options on the 240 1GB. out there for less than what you are trying to get for cards with no warranty (though you say you'll give one - and we should believe that because you've been a member of this community for a whole Day !!) - so was only trying to suggest that you do some research and set a realistic price for those low performance old tech cards if you really want to have a chance to sell them !!

You can't really expect to get above the retail price selling what you say are new cards (it is very easy to reshrink wrap a package after using it and call it brand new - which is why most makers will not transfer the warranty !!) and say you'll do returns if a problem occurs (with no specifics of timeframe or whether you or the buyer will have to pay to ship them back to you ) - You need to realize that with the release of all of the new video card models and the pricing\performance of them has really affected the cards you have and adjust your pricing accordingly if you expect to sell them (esp. on a hardware support forum where the avg. member is fairly knowledgeable about the hardware market !)

sparkle_ftw

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
I agree that you are asking a steep price. $85 would be ok for brand new ddr5 ones. But people don't usually look here for retail pricing.

penn919

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
alright, alright I'll let it go for $70 plus i'll throw in a starcraft 2 coupon. How's that sound?

Also, I don't know why everyone is making such a fuss because in case you haven't noticed, not everyone wants to jump through all the hoops and wait weeks (or months) just for the POSSIBILITY of getting a little money back. I would take a $10 - $15 upfront discount over a possible $30 rebate any day because no one should ever use MIR's as justification for a purchase. Keep in mind that manufactures always get the final say, and they're always betting against you. I don't like those odds and I'm not alone.

You can't really expect to get above the retail price selling what you say are new cards (it is very easy to reshrink wrap a package after using it and call it brand new - which is why most makers will not transfer the warranty !!)

Yeah that's right, you don't like my price so you accuse me of being a scam artist...is this the way you greet all newcomers? Real classy. For the record, I fully realize that buyers would prefer I sell this at $5 - $25.... that's a given, but guess what, I'd like to get a little more for it. So sue me.

Chill-out folks, 89.99 was just what I suggested...I said I'd take offers too. I honestly don't see why there's a need to hurl insults. I'm new and didn't know how much people would expect for stuff so I just threw out a number. Now I know what people expect, so I'll keep that in mind next time. It's all cool, i'm not trying to trick anyone and I don't see why anyone would assume that.

penn919

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
calm down, it is what it is..
just take the cards and sell them on eBay auction style (at least one of them),
then you'll see that your price is still too high.
but if you want to hold them for your requested price then goodluck..

The funny thing is I was able to sell them each for $70 on ebay. So yeah, my initial price was a little high but by no means was it excessively high. It's like I said, things are expected cheap around here.

penn919

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Yeah well those have only 512 or memory while mines had 1GB, and besides, rebates don't count and since I ended up selling them for $70 a piece, it was still a good deal. the 1GB of memory makes up for the GDDR5. So it's pretty much a wash.

sparkle_ftw

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
Well people look here for a deal, and generally, those were above retail price, even if they were ddr5 models. (ddr5 is waaay more important than the extra 512mb).

I agree that the responses were a little harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.