Optical drive AUTO run

gas

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2004

Hi
I am wondering how can I disable the Auto Run function for CD/DVD drive?
I just don't want a dialog box come up and ask me what to do with the CD/DVD
everytime.

thanks

Gas

Hi Gas,

Open Windows Explorer, right click the drive and select properties. Go to
the autoplay tab, set the drive to "take no action".

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Gas" <enggas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I am wondering how can I disable the Auto Run function for CD/DVD drive?
> I just don't want a dialog box come up and ask me what to do with the
> CD/DVD
> everytime.
>
> thanks
>
> Gas