Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Out Look Express email spell checker

Tags:
  • Email
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
December 26, 2004 8:29:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Can someone please assist me in getting spell checker on my mail when I am
composing. Normally when i am done writting an email it will atuomatically
check my spelling. I do not have anything in my tools options to allow me to
make this happen.

More about : express email spell checker

Anonymous
December 26, 2004 11:17:38 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

"gobs" <gobs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:57FBDB1E-05D7-4A0C-81E0-E73A589357CD@microsoft.com
> Can someone please assist me in getting spell checker on my mail when
> I am composing. Normally when i am done writting an email it will
> atuomatically check my spelling. I do not have anything in my tools
> options to allow me to make this happen.

Windows version?
OE version?

OE does not come with a spelling checker. It uses the spelling checker from
any Office program that has one. Do you have such a program?

If not you could try one of these:

Free spellchecker.
http://www.quinion.com/mqa/spell.htm
or this, which I use on my laptop, which has Works.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=2952&cat=10A

$15 shareware
http://www.spellchecker.com/

And here's a freeware that checks your spelling as you type:
TinySpell
http://www.megspace.com/computers/tinyspell/

See also:
Bill James' SpellCheck Fix
http://www.billsway.com/notes_public/Fix_OE_SpellCheck....

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Protect your PC
http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/defau...
Anonymous
December 26, 2004 12:51:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

gobs wrote:
> Can someone please assist me in getting spell checker on my mail when I am
> composing. Normally when i am done writting an email it will atuomatically
> check my spelling. I do not have anything in my tools options to allow me to
> make this happen.


Outlook Express has never had spell-checking capabilities of its
own. Instead, it relies upon the presence of other Microsoft
applications, such as the Office Suite, Word, or the Works _Suite_
(which includes Word, not the regular Works). There are also some
3rd-party shareware/freeware solutions available at any of the many
shareware sites on the Internet Spell Magic seems well thought-of,
though I haven't tried it myself:
http://www.alcodasoftware.com/spell-magic.htm.


--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having
both at once. - RAH
Related resources
Anonymous
December 26, 2004 1:44:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

I have Outlook Express, and on the toolbar go to Tools> OPTIONS>Spelling
tab, and place a mark next to ' Always check spelling before sending.' then
hit okay.


"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:ejI8pW16EHA.4004@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> "gobs" <gobs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:57FBDB1E-05D7-4A0C-81E0-E73A589357CD@microsoft.com
> > Can someone please assist me in getting spell checker on my mail when
> > I am composing. Normally when i am done writting an email it will
> > atuomatically check my spelling. I do not have anything in my tools
> > options to allow me to make this happen.
>
> Windows version?
> OE version?
>
> OE does not come with a spelling checker. It uses the spelling checker
from
> any Office program that has one. Do you have such a program?
>
> If not you could try one of these:
>
> Free spellchecker.
> http://www.quinion.com/mqa/spell.htm
> or this, which I use on my laptop, which has Works.
> http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=2952&cat=10A
>
> $15 shareware
> http://www.spellchecker.com/
>
> And here's a freeware that checks your spelling as you type:
> TinySpell
> http://www.megspace.com/computers/tinyspell/
>
> See also:
> Bill James' SpellCheck Fix
> http://www.billsway.com/notes_public/Fix_OE_SpellCheck....
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/defau...
>
>
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 2:42:21 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Hi, gobs.

To check spelling before clicking the Send button, press F7. Or click Tools
| Spelling...

You'll need to choose beforehand which portion of your composition you want
checked. Or first press Ctrl+A to Select All, then F7.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
rc@corridor.net
Microsoft Windows MVP

"gobs" <gobs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:57FBDB1E-05D7-4A0C-81E0-E73A589357CD@microsoft.com...
> Can someone please assist me in getting spell checker on my mail when I am
> composing. Normally when i am done writting an email it will atuomatically
> check my spelling. I do not have anything in my tools options to allow me
> to
> make this happen.
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 8:43:09 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

I have MS Word on my computer but the spelling is still not available in
Outlook Express. Do you know how to turn it on? Thanks Bob

"R. C. White" wrote:

> Hi, gobs.
>
> To check spelling before clicking the Send button, press F7. Or click Tools
> | Spelling...
>
> You'll need to choose beforehand which portion of your composition you want
> checked. Or first press Ctrl+A to Select All, then F7.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@corridor.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
>
> "gobs" <gobs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:57FBDB1E-05D7-4A0C-81E0-E73A589357CD@microsoft.com...
> > Can someone please assist me in getting spell checker on my mail when I am
> > composing. Normally when i am done writting an email it will atuomatically
> > check my spelling. I do not have anything in my tools options to allow me
> > to
> > make this happen.
>
>
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 10:40:06 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

"Bgarrison" <Bgarrison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0D674D05-FAD4-4946-9ADB-C1759E39EEB0@microsoft.com
> I have MS Word on my computer but the spelling is still not available
> in Outlook Express. Do you know how to turn it on? Thanks Bob

You are probably missing CSAPI3T1.DLL in
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\PROOF

You can expand it from CSAPI3T1.DL_ in the \i386 directory on your WinXP CD.
Go to Start | Run and type this command:

expand x:\i386\CSAPI3T1.DL_ C:\CSAPI3T1.DLL

Where X: is your CD drive. Then move it from the root directory of C: to
the PROOF folder. Some people also have to put it in the Outlook Express
program folder.

See also:
Cannot spell check with OE5 or OE6
Spelling Checker Does Not Run on Message in Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224176

Spell Checker or Custom Dictionary Errors
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=178238

http://www.billsway.com/notes_public/Fix_OE_SpellCheck....

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Protect your PC
http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/defau...
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 8:20:29 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Hi, Bob.

How about Tools | Options..., then the Spelling tab?

If that's not it, see Frank Saunders' post.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
rc@corridor.net
Microsoft Windows MVP

"Bgarrison" <Bgarrison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0D674D05-FAD4-4946-9ADB-C1759E39EEB0@microsoft.com...
>I have MS Word on my computer but the spelling is still not available in
> Outlook Express. Do you know how to turn it on? Thanks Bob
>
> "R. C. White" wrote:
>
>> Hi, gobs.
>>
>> To check spelling before clicking the Send button, press F7. Or click
>> Tools
>> | Spelling...
>>
>> You'll need to choose beforehand which portion of your composition you
>> want
>> checked. Or first press Ctrl+A to Select All, then F7.
>>
>> RC
>> --
>> R. C. White, CPA
>> San Marcos, TX
>> rc@corridor.net
>> Microsoft Windows MVP
>>
>> "gobs" <gobs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:57FBDB1E-05D7-4A0C-81E0-E73A589357CD@microsoft.com...
>> > Can someone please assist me in getting spell checker on my mail when I
>> > am
>> > composing. Normally when i am done writting an email it will
>> > atuomatically
>> > check my spelling. I do not have anything in my tools options to allow
>> > me
>> > to
>> > make this happen.
>>
>>
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 10:15:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Thanks

"R. C. White" wrote:

> Hi, Bob.
>
> How about Tools | Options..., then the Spelling tab?
>
> If that's not it, see Frank Saunders' post.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@corridor.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
>
> "Bgarrison" <Bgarrison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:0D674D05-FAD4-4946-9ADB-C1759E39EEB0@microsoft.com...
> >I have MS Word on my computer but the spelling is still not available in
> > Outlook Express. Do you know how to turn it on? Thanks Bob
> >
> > "R. C. White" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi, gobs.
> >>
> >> To check spelling before clicking the Send button, press F7. Or click
> >> Tools
> >> | Spelling...
> >>
> >> You'll need to choose beforehand which portion of your composition you
> >> want
> >> checked. Or first press Ctrl+A to Select All, then F7.
> >>
> >> RC
> >> --
> >> R. C. White, CPA
> >> San Marcos, TX
> >> rc@corridor.net
> >> Microsoft Windows MVP
> >>
> >> "gobs" <gobs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:57FBDB1E-05D7-4A0C-81E0-E73A589357CD@microsoft.com...
> >> > Can someone please assist me in getting spell checker on my mail when I
> >> > am
> >> > composing. Normally when i am done writting an email it will
> >> > atuomatically
> >> > check my spelling. I do not have anything in my tools options to allow
> >> > me
> >> > to
> >> > make this happen.
> >>
> >>
>
>
!