Login Question..

December 26, 2004 11:25:04 PM

hi...

i'm a Windows XP professional User. i was wondering whether i can switch
on my laptop without having to go through the login page?i want my OS to
start up automatically..is that possible?i can't seem 2 find any option 2 do
this in the Windows..can any1 help me with this?
thank you..

More about : login question

Anonymous
December 27, 2004 1:41:01 AM

i just dont wanna keep loging on the laptop..after i leave my laptop with
the internet stil running..i'm either downloading some stuff or i need my
windows to be running..but after a while..it will go to the windows startup
again..n i need 2 click on my account again 2 access it eventhough im the
only person using tis laptop.

i want my laptop to startup automatically without having to click on my
account to get startedup and also when after leaving my laptop 4 awhile
without touching it..i dont want my laptop to go back to the login page. pls
help me.Thanks you.
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 2:51:12 AM

Whoever is going to steal your laptop hopes you find an answer.

Ted Zieglar
..
"dcinfinite" <dcinfinite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> hi...
>
> i'm a Windows XP professional User. i was wondering whether i can switch
> on my laptop without having to go through the login page?i want my OS to
> start up automatically..is that possible?i can't seem 2 find any option 2
> do
> this in the Windows..can any1 help me with this?
> thank you..
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 3:44:42 AM

dcinfinite wrote:
> i just dont wanna keep loging on the laptop..after i leave my laptop
> with the internet stil running..i'm either downloading some stuff or
> i need my windows to be running..but after a while..it will go to the
> windows startup again..n i need 2 click on my account again 2 access
> it eventhough im the only person using tis laptop.
>
> i want my laptop to startup automatically without having to click on
> my account to get startedup and also when after leaving my laptop 4
> awhile without touching it..i dont want my laptop to go back to the
> login page. pls help me.Thanks you.

I suggest leaving the initial logon alone.. When you turn on your computer..

However, if you don't want to lock the computer automatically when you are
away - turn off that feature in your screensaver settings.. It's that
simple.

--
<- Shenan ->