IDE Channels 3 and 4

murdoK

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
i ahve the gigabyte GA-SINXP1394 and i ahve 2 hdd and 2 cd rom drives... i dont want to use raid, and i would like to kno how to use the 3rd and 4th channels on the board for my cd roms without any raid setup...
thank

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
In main BIOS there should be a menu that allows you to disable the onboard RAID and to set IDE3/4 to function as ATA133.

murdoK

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
waht is it called? cause i have been looking and cant find anything
in bios that has to do with IDE cahnnel 3 and 4.....
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by murdok on 02/28/03 12:40 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

RCPilot

Champion
You have to disable it under boot devices. It's listed under Other & I have to set it do disable with my board, ASUS, to get it quilt looking for the RAID controller on boot.. Not sure about your board though! I think that it showed another place as well in BIOS. that I disabled also.

If it ain't broke, take it apart & see why not!

murdoK

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
i got it now.. i had to enable RAID.. go into windows and install all of it.. then reboot and go into the RAID config which was a button u push after bios and say "normal" instead of raid.. then turn off.. and put all my drives where i wanted them.. thanks for all ur guys help though.. and im goin to post a review for this board.