moving outlook express files and settings to a new machine

I have recently set up a new machine with XP for my wife. Present
computer is running 98SE. What is the best way to transfer all
settings and folders from the old machine to the new machine?
3 answers Last reply
More about moving outlook express files settings machine

    The Files and Settings Transfer Wizard will transfer email messages, IE favorites,
    and many other files and settings. However, it does not transfer programs.

    HOW TO: Use Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293118&Product=winxp

    List of Programs Whose Settings Are Migrated When You Use
    the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];304903

    Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

    Cables That Are Compatible with Direct Cable Connection
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310576&Product=winxp

    HOW TO: Set Up a Direct Cable Connection Between Two Computers in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305621&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "GTT" wrote:

    | I have recently set up a new machine with XP for my wife. Present
    | computer is running 98SE. What is the best way to transfer all
    | settings and folders from the old machine to the new machine?

    Hi, GTT.

    To move files (and do just about everything else) in Outlook Express, see
    MVP Tom Koch's Inside OE:
    Welcome to InsideOE
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    GTT wrote:
    > I have recently set up a new machine with XP for my wife. Present
    > computer is running 98SE. What is the best way to transfer all
    > settings and folders from the old machine to the new machine?

    THE definitive guide to backing up/restoring OE -
    http://www.insideoe.com/backup/index.htm

    --
    Kath Adams
    MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)