moving outlook express files and settings to a new machine

I have recently set up a new machine with XP for my wife. Present
computer is running 98SE. What is the best way to transfer all
settings and folders from the old machine to the new machine?

The Files and Settings Transfer Wizard will transfer email messages, IE favorites,
and many other files and settings. However, it does not transfer programs.

HOW TO: Use Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293118&Product=winxp

List of Programs Whose Settings Are Migrated When You Use
the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
;304903]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];304903

Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
http://aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

Cables That Are Compatible with Direct Cable Connection
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310576&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Set Up a Direct Cable Connection Between Two Computers in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305621&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"GTT" wrote:

| I have recently set up a new machine with XP for my wife. Present
| computer is running 98SE. What is the best way to transfer all
| settings and folders from the old machine to the new machine?

Hi, GTT.

To move files (and do just about everything else) in Outlook Express, see
MVP Tom Koch's Inside OE:
Welcome to InsideOE
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

GTT wrote:
> I have recently set up a new machine with XP for my wife. Present
> computer is running 98SE. What is the best way to transfer all
> settings and folders from the old machine to the new machine?

THE definitive guide to backing up/restoring OE -
http://www.insideoe.com/backup/index.htm

--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)