If I have my computer set to go on Standby after 20 minutes of non use, will
Outlook Express keep that from happening when it "searches" for new email
every 5 minutes? Do I need to change that setting in OE in order for
Standby to work? Thanks.
Marty

yes it will prevent it from happening because, technically, the pc isn't
going 20 minutes without use - every five minutes an application (outlook
express) is being activated.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert