All of my word documents are showing the symbols for "periods, tabs, spaces,
etc.". What can I do to get rid of these symbols?

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 07:03:06 -0800, cc1218 wrote:

> All of my word documents are showing the symbols for "periods, tabs, spaces,
> etc.". What can I do to get rid of these symbols?

Most word processors have an option to view/hide formatting characters. You
have Word set to show these marks. Check your settings in Tools> Options>
View menu to turn this off. That's the location of the settings in Word
2003. It may be slightly different in other versions but will be in the
same general area.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

For one thing, you can ask your question in a newsgroup for Word, where you
are more likely to encounter someone with the answer for your question. Use
this one:

--
Ted Zieglar

"cc1218" <cc1218@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All of my word documents are showing the symbols for "periods, tabs,
spaces,
> etc.". What can I do to get rid of these symbols?

In case you don't get the answer you want from another newsgroup, the
solution is to click the 'paragraph' symbol on the Standard toolbar. If the
symbol is missing, right-click the toolbar, choose 'customize' then drag the
icon for "Show All" from the Command tab / View Category onto the toolbar.
Hope this helps.
John

"cc1218" <cc1218@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All of my word documents are showing the symbols for "periods, tabs,
> spaces,
> etc.". What can I do to get rid of these symbols?

Try Clicking on 'view' you will see a dropdown menu that has 'weblayout'
'printlayout' and 'outline', it's my guess that 'outline' is currently
selected. weblayout will give you a full page document and print layout
will allow you to view page with or height etc. I don't use word an
awful lot but do tend to find the print layout to be the most
'comfortable'
hope this helps.

cc1218 Wrote:
> All of my word documents are showing the symbols for "periods, tabs,
> spaces,
> etc.". What can I do to get rid of these symbols?

--
Paul Webster

cc1218 wrote:
> All of my word documents are showing the symbols for "periods, tabs,
> spaces, etc.". What can I do to get rid of these symbols?

Look on the Toolbar for a symbol that looks like this like a reverse "P",
this is the Show/Hide formatting control. Click it once to make the symbols
disappear.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP