Need Suggest for Broadband Router

"The Subject ®" wrote:

> I am the owner of a Linksys Wireless Broadband Router. I use it, as a
> wired router to my own and 3 other computers in my home. However,
> after about 10 minutes it losses the connection with my ISP. Can
> someone give me a suggestion on a Broadband Router that keeps the all
> the computers in my network connected to the internet. I am looking
> for both wireless and wired Broadband Routers.
>
> I have used Linksys for several years, however with the drop in
> quality and horrible customer service I am very open to trying
> something new.
>
> Thanks
>
> - --

My company uses Linksys all the time, check that the router settings is set
to keep the connection alive. You have not stated what make of wireless
adapters you are using.

After a wireless device fails to surf before resetting the router plug in
hardwired and check if the connection is still up and it's not the wireless
connection thats going down...

Regards UCG.

I can't recommend any particular company that manufactures wiresless
boradband routers. However, on this college campus linksys routers/network
cards seem to not "play nice" with our equipment. Perhaps this is what's
happening to you. There are other reasonable brands: Netgear, D-link,
AirLink, etc.

"The Subject ®" wrote:

First off thank you for the suggestions.

I am not using any wireless adapters anymore. I wired the house so all the
computers now run off Cat5-E. If I log on to the Linksys all the computers
get a connection for about 10-20 minutes and then its gone. I have it set to
not lose its connection and yet it still cuts off.

Thanks

--

Due to large amount of spam mail as well as personal security, please
respond directly to this newsgroup. Encrypted Messages, using PGP can be

PGP Security Key: 0xB093E95A (I no longer use the key - 0xE0685B4D)