xp install freezes after 34 minutes

I have used the microsoft web links that were given to me and followed the
instructions, but it still freezes after 34 minutes.any other way of getting
round
this.
--
Cheers, Dave

"omegauk" <omegauk_48@hotmail.com.(Dave)> wrote in message
> I have used the microsoft web links that were given to me and
> followed the instructions, but it still freezes after 34 minutes.any
> other way of getting round
> this.

You don't say WHAT links you followed.

Windows XP SP1 Installation Stops Responding with About 34 Minutes Remaining
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815319
Setup stops responding with 34 minutes remaining
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828267

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Thanks for the info I will try that.
Dave

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" wrote:

> "omegauk" <omegauk_48@hotmail.com.(Dave)> wrote in message
> > I have used the microsoft web links that were given to me and
> > followed the instructions, but it still freezes after 34 minutes.any
> > other way of getting round
> > this.
>
> You don't say WHAT links you followed.
>
> Windows XP SP1 Installation Stops Responding with About 34 Minutes Remaining
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815319
> Setup stops responding with 34 minutes remaining
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828267
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx

WE have this fault now and again, it's nomally the network card for us...
Remove as many PCI cards as you can and then put them in afterwards...

Regards UCG...

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" wrote:

> "omegauk" <omegauk_48@hotmail.com.(Dave)> wrote in message
> > I have used the microsoft web links that were given to me and
> > followed the instructions, but it still freezes after 34 minutes.any
> > other way of getting round
> > this.
>
> You don't say WHAT links you followed.
>
> Windows XP SP1 Installation Stops Responding with About 34 Minutes Remaining
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815319
> Setup stops responding with 34 minutes remaining
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828267
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx

Thanks for that I will try the 6 set up disks first, if that don't work then
I will take out any PCI cards that are there.
Dave

"UltraCyberGod" wrote:

> WE have this fault now and again, it's nomally the network card for us...
> Remove as many PCI cards as you can and then put them in afterwards...
>
> Regards UCG...
>
> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
> > "omegauk" <omegauk_48@hotmail.com.(Dave)> wrote in message
> > > I have used the microsoft web links that were given to me and
> > > followed the instructions, but it still freezes after 34 minutes.any
> > > other way of getting round
> > > this.
> >
> > You don't say WHAT links you followed.
> >
> > Windows XP SP1 Installation Stops Responding with About 34 Minutes Remaining
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815319
> > Setup stops responding with 34 minutes remaining
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828267
> >
> > --
> > Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> > Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
> > http://www.fjsmjs.com
> > Protect your PC
> > http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx

Please help! I'm computer illiterate. I bought the XP
home edition upgrade and got to the dreaded 34 minute mark
and don't know how to access any of the files that are
mentioned and then even if I figured it out, I don't know
how do remove, disconnect, where to find any of the items
mentioned. I've had this laptop for years and my friend
convinced me to finally upgrade and now i can't do squat.
Anyone have any luck? Maybe I'm just so frustrated that
nothing makes sense.

Thanks,
Teah
PS. what the 6 set up disks? Did I miss that somewhere?
sheesh.

You click the links to access the files. Since you accessed the Web to post
here that shouldn't be a problem.

Windows XP SP1 Installation Stops Responding with About 34 Minutes Remaining
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815319
Setup stops responding with 34 minutes remaining
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828267

You don't need a three disk set. The first article contains two other links
which may apply to you.
If you have questions ask them here.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"Teahtime" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please help! I'm computer illiterate. I bought the XP
> home edition upgrade and got to the dreaded 34 minute mark
> and don't know how to access any of the files that are
> mentioned and then even if I figured it out, I don't know
> how do remove, disconnect, where to find any of the items
> mentioned. I've had this laptop for years and my friend
> convinced me to finally upgrade and now i can't do squat.
> Anyone have any luck? Maybe I'm just so frustrated that
> nothing makes sense.
>
> Thanks,
> Teah

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310994
Obtaining Windows XP Setup Boot Disks

"omegauk" <omegauk_48@hotmail.com.(Dave)> wrote in message
> I have used the microsoft web links that were given to me and followed the
> instructions, but it still freezes after 34 minutes.any other way of getting
> round
> this.
> --
> Cheers, Dave

I've just come across this thread so apologies if I cover old ground.

A computer freezing regularly at a precise time indicates that the power
options may be set.

To check got to Start/Control Panel/Power Options and turn everything to
"never".

Power options are intended to reduce the use of power. It is especially
useful on lap-tops but I can't see a real use on desk tops / towers -
especially as the computer may fail to wake up.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions