RAM/HDD required for HP Duplexing?

I just bought a HP 5100tn Laserjet printer. I'm going to buy a
duplexer unit, and was told I may need to upgrade the RAM and or
install a hard disk in the 5100tn.

It will mostly be printing standard buiness stuff... e-mail, word docs
and PDF files, with some graphics here and there. It comes standard
with 32mb. Do I require more memory and or a hard disk?

Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about required duplexing

    << I just bought a HP 5100tn Laserjet printer. I'm going to buy a
    duplexer unit, and was told I may need to upgrade the RAM and or
    install a hard disk in the 5100tn. >>

    Pat-

    Based on my experience with other printers, you probably will do fine.
    However, 32 MB doesn't sound like much. If it uses standard memory, why not go
    ahead and fill it up, or at least add some?

    I'm not sure what the HD will do for you. On an older printer, an added HD
    allowed you to load it with fonts, in addition to the fonts stored in its ROM.
    This allowed printing to proceed more quickly without having to upload unusual
    fonts at the time of printing.

    If an HD spools large print jobs, having it would probably free up your
    computer more quickly. I can't imagine it would "pay its way" unless the
    printer is heavily used.

    Fred

Hewlett Packard RAM Hard Drives Computers