HELP! Confused new user

I recently got a microsoft XP program and set my computer up however i have
no access to Microsoft WORD, or Microsoft PWERPOINT how can i get these
programs on my computer??

Don't feel bad...many people make the same mistake. Word, Excel, Powerpoint,
Outlook and similar 'office' programs are not part of Windows (and never
were.) These are programs that you must purchase separately. The confusion
arises because most computer vendors include these extra programs on their
computers (and include them in the price), so people think they come with
Windows.

Your computer vendor probably included some brand of word processor on your
computer, at least. If you want the Microsoft programs, you have to go out
and buy them separately or bundled together as Microsoft Office.

Ted Zieglar

"Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently got a microsoft XP program and set my computer up however i have
> no access to Microsoft WORD, or Microsoft PWERPOINT how can i get these
> programs on my computer??

Mikey

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Like Goerge mentioned earlier, you can download Open Office Suite for free.
Download it from here:
http://www.openoffice.org/

Lisa wrote:

> I recently got a microsoft XP program and set my computer up however i have
> no access to Microsoft WORD, or Microsoft PWERPOINT how can i get these
> programs on my computer??

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

and if you do not want to spend quite some extra money on those you could
also go and get a copy of the 'Open Office' suite (search the net) that
provides you with free, MS compatible, counterparts for Word, Excel, etc.

george