Cannot see USB ports

December 28, 2004 11:54:02 PM

My computer stopped 'seeing' usb ports after upgrading
from 2000 professional to XP Prof v51 Svce Pack 1 and
installing a second HD. Previously i could access devices
via usb port- SONY memory stick, my Palm Pilot OS PDA, and
now I cannot install a new laser jet printer that has only
USB port.

Computer is HP Pavillion 6730 with 256 Mb memory.

How can I troubleshoot this. Problem may have occurred
when basic settings were changed when installing 2nd HD
but I dont know how to access that.

Thanks!
Jeff
jperkell@verizon.net

More about : usb ports

Anonymous
December 29, 2004 11:16:04 AM

Hi Jeff,

A place to start:

General USB Troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310575

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/