Cannot see USB ports

My computer stopped 'seeing' usb ports after upgrading
from 2000 professional to XP Prof v51 Svce Pack 1 and
installing a second HD. Previously i could access devices
via usb port- SONY memory stick, my Palm Pilot OS PDA, and
now I cannot install a new laser jet printer that has only
USB port.

Computer is HP Pavillion 6730 with 256 Mb memory.

How can I troubleshoot this. Problem may have occurred
when basic settings were changed when installing 2nd HD
but I dont know how to access that.

Thanks!
Jeff
jperkell@verizon.net
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot ports

    Hi Jeff,

    A place to start:

    General USB Troubleshooting in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310575

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Jeff" <jperkell@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > My computer stopped 'seeing' usb ports after upgrading
    > from 2000 professional to XP Prof v51 Svce Pack 1 and
    > installing a second HD. Previously i could access devices
    > via usb port- SONY memory stick, my Palm Pilot OS PDA, and
    > now I cannot install a new laser jet printer that has only
    > USB port.
    >
    > Computer is HP Pavillion 6730 with 256 Mb memory.
    >
    > How can I troubleshoot this. Problem may have occurred
    > when basic settings were changed when installing 2nd HD
    > but I dont know how to access that.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Jeff
    > jperkell@verizon.net