MPEG-4 file versus WMP

I am a new owner of a video camera that records MPEG-4 video files.
When i download these files from my camera to my computer hard disk, the
file extentions change to Windows Media Audio/Video files.

How can i keep the original file extentions so that i can do the necessary
video editing under Ulead VideoStudio? Can anyone suggest a converter
program to revert all files to MPEG-4?

Thanks

Criquet

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:44:18 -0500, Criquet wrote:

> I am a new owner of a video camera that records MPEG-4 video files.
> When i download these files from my camera to my computer hard disk, the
> file extentions change to Windows Media Audio/Video files.
>
> How can i keep the original file extentions so that i can do the necessary
> video editing under Ulead VideoStudio? Can anyone suggest a converter
> program to revert all files to MPEG-4?
>
> Thanks
>
> Criquet

You should be able to open these files (File> Open) with Media Player or
any other program that supports MPEG-4 files. If you want to double click
the files and have them open in Video Studio, you'll need to change the
association for this file type.

In Media Player, use Tools> Options> File Types to uncheck the box for
MPEG-4 files. Then open Video Studio and look for a similar setting and
check the box to assign this file type over to this program. Alternatively,
you could right click an MPEG-4 file and choose Open With... Select Video
Studio as the default program and check the box to "Always use this
program..."

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User