LumberJack

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
Hey guys... Just upgraded my system to the Gigabyte E7305 chipset and i've been having some problems. I get blue screen every time windows tries to load. I had the same problem with a Asus P4 boards in the past and it turned out to be ram instability, but I haven't been able to fix it this time. I tried both single and dual operation. Any help would be great.

System
Gibabyte GA-8INXP
P4 2.53Ghz
2 x Crucial 512 Ram
100gig WDJB Hd
ATI AIW 8500DV
Windows XP

ALL other components works perfectly including the ram on other systems. I have also tried some infineon 512 meg and 256 meg ram and nothing. Also tested 256 Samsung stick, same problem.

I suspect there is something wrong with the cpu FSB and ram settings but no luck yet.

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!

LumberJack

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
Thanks to the 6 people who came to read my post but no help all around. For anyone who is interested the problem was WinXP. The solution re-write the hardware base in a secret installation. During normal install, when prompted to press F6 to intall 3rd party SCSI drivers press F5. Man... why do they have to make things so hard. Anyway, it'll all be better once I get gentoo running again.

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!

TRENDING THREADS