Sign in with
Your question

SOLD Brand New OEM Western Digital VelociRaptor 150GB

Last response: in Deals
September 1, 2010 10:50:37 PM

A brand new never opened OEM Western Digital VelocityRaptor 150GB WD1500HLFS. I'll take $100 dollars (shipped) for it, and I'll even lower the price if you can can find a better deal somewhere else! Just post the link in the thread and I'll undercut it by $5! *Note* you've gotta add the shipping cost as well.

Brief Specs

Enclosure Internal
Capacity 150 GB
Buffer Size 16 MB
Spindle Speed 10000 RPM
Interface Serial ATA 3
Designation Desktop Computer

For more specs, you can check my ebay listing. Just ignore the price.

For payment I can do Paypal or GoogleCheckout via my website's front page.

Any questions? By all means ask.
September 2, 2010 4:54:57 PM

Alright, Dropped to $95
September 3, 2010 5:56:54 PM

Yeah, Okay....how about $80 shipped?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 3, 2010 6:37:15 PM

Might want to consider dropping the price if you want to sell it here. I refer you to this: VR 150 GB. That's $100 and from a highly dependable vendor.

Also, it's not a SATA III model. It's a SATA 3.0 GBps model, a.k.a. SATA II. That means it's slower than the more common 500 GB platter 7200 RPM drives (Samsung Spinpiont F3 500 GB/1 TB, Seagate 7200.12 500 GB/1 TB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III), and all of those are cheaper for more space.

Good luck selling it.

EDIT: I'll edit this out if you want to try to catch a sucker. Just PM me.
September 3, 2010 7:13:23 PM

MadAdmiral said:
Might want to consider dropping the price if you want to sell it here. I refer you to this: VR 150 GB. That's $100 and from a highly dependable vendor.

Also, it's not a SATA III model. It's a SATA 3.0 GBps model, a.k.a. SATA II. That means it's slower than the more common 500 GB platter 7200 RPM drives (Samsung Spinpiont F3 500 GB/1 TB, Seagate 7200.12 500 GB/1 TB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III), and all of those are cheaper for more space.

Good luck selling it.

EDIT: I'll edit this out if you want to try to catch a sucker. Just PM me.

Yeah I know, but I'm already selling it $20 lower than Newegg. What more do guys want? At this rate, I'll probably wind up having to pay someone to take it. I thought this forum was for selling & trade not giveaway!

[Lowered] $75 shipped or at least some kind of offer.....and did I mention that this thing is new?
September 3, 2010 8:49:02 PM

THing is the velociraptors are having a hard time selling right now due to the newer higher capacity 7200RPM HDDs that are as fast or faster than the older design VRs and they also have alot of competition from the SSD drives that are available now for those looking for low capacity High speed drives - so their spot in the market has dwindled. So selling them is kind of tough right now !

This quote from the conclusion of a recent Tom's article on the new velociraptor series pretty much sums it up :

Quote:
and although the Raptor was beginning to be considered outdated from a performance standpoint: 3.5" 7,200 RPM provide faster transfer rates and a much better cost per gigabyte today, and the high-performance segment was being attacked by Flash SSDs.

September 3, 2010 11:11:31 PM

JDFan said:
THing is the velociraptors are having a hard time selling right now due to the newer higher capacity 7200RPM HDDs that are as fast or faster than the older design VRs and they also have alot of competition from the SSD drives that are available now for those looking for low capacity High speed drives - so their spot in the market has dwindled. So selling them is kind of tough right now !

This quote from the conclusion of a recent Tom's article on the new velociraptor series pretty much sums it up :

Quote:
and although the Raptor was beginning to be considered outdated from a performance standpoint: 3.5" 7,200 RPM provide faster transfer rates and a much better cost per gigabyte today, and the high-performance segment was being attacked by Flash SSDs.

Luckily I was able to get $74 for it elsewhere. I'm new to selling stuff in forms and never realized that stuff sells for next to nothing here. Who knows how much i could've saved had I've known this.
September 4, 2010 2:28:02 AM

Good stuff doesn't sell for next to nothing. The problem is just that your expecting to get more out of something than it's worth. This site is full of hardware experts who happen to know what they're looking at. If you're selling something good (like any of the many GPUs listed), it will go fast for a good value. If you're trying to sell something with low performance (like a VR), then you're not going to get what you want for it.

What you were looking for is a sucker, and suckers by definition aren't experts...
September 4, 2010 2:52:37 AM

^ +1 -- Kind of like the 2 New\Unused ASUS 240 GT GPU's he had listed the other day for $89.99 a piece when Newegg had the same card for $64 after $30 MIR and several other models for even less.
!