iexplore.exe & rundll32.exe app errors

jlb

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

hello. i run xp pro on my home computer for the last year, and now it was
attacked by a virus when my daughter was in aol im, i have run several virus
scans, and cleaned them off, but still cant get into the internet. i keep
getting the following two error messages:

iexplore.exe application error instruction @0x77f57b58 reference memory
@0x01050010 memory could not be read, and

rundll32.exe app error instruction @0x77f57b58 refernece momory could not be
read

i have comcast cable modem, and also a router so my other daughter can
wirelessly get into internet from her laptop, which works fine, i just cant
connect to the internet on my main computer. thanks for all your help on
this matter on what i need to do to fix this.

i have already run spybot s&d, grisoft and adware virus scans.
> what else can i do,

i bought this computer ( not new) with xp pro already installed, and do not
have the cd that goes with it

thanks

"jlb" <jlb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello. i run xp pro on my home computer for the last year, and now
> it was attacked by a virus when my daughter was in aol im, i have run
> several virus scans, and cleaned them off, but still cant get into
> the internet. i keep getting the following two error messages:
>
> iexplore.exe application error instruction @0x77f57b58 reference
> memory @0x01050010 memory could not be read, and
>
> rundll32.exe app error instruction @0x77f57b58 refernece momory could
> not be read
>
> i have comcast cable modem, and also a router so my other daughter can
> wirelessly get into internet from her laptop, which works fine, i
> just cant connect to the internet on my main computer. thanks for
> all your help on this matter on what i need to do to fix this.
>
> i have already run spybot s&d, grisoft and adware virus scans.
>> what else can i do,
>
> i bought this computer ( not new) with xp pro already installed, and
> do not have the cd that goes with it
>
> thanks

Get LSP-Fix - a free program to repair damaged Winsock 2 stacks
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
WinXP:
and WinSockxpFix
WinXP SP2: Go to Start | Run and type
CMD
In the command window type
netsh winsock reset

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

jlb

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

hello, im not computer savvy, so what im getting here, is to run the programs
you stated, which i will need to download from another computer and apply to
mine, since i cant get into the internet, and also go into run, cmd and type
in what you said, which i do after i run the other programs, or is that
another option, thanks for your help

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" wrote:

> "jlb" <jlb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hello. i run xp pro on my home computer for the last year, and now
> > it was attacked by a virus when my daughter was in aol im, i have run
> > several virus scans, and cleaned them off, but still cant get into
> > the internet. i keep getting the following two error messages:
> >
> > iexplore.exe application error instruction @0x77f57b58 reference
> > memory @0x01050010 memory could not be read, and
> >
> > rundll32.exe app error instruction @0x77f57b58 refernece momory could
> > not be read
> >
> > i have comcast cable modem, and also a router so my other daughter can
> > wirelessly get into internet from her laptop, which works fine, i
> > just cant connect to the internet on my main computer. thanks for
> > all your help on this matter on what i need to do to fix this.
> >
> > i have already run spybot s&d, grisoft and adware virus scans.
> >> what else can i do,
> >
> > i bought this computer ( not new) with xp pro already installed, and
> > do not have the cd that goes with it
> >
> > thanks
>
> Get LSP-Fix - a free program to repair damaged Winsock 2 stacks
> http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
> WinXP:
> and WinSockxpFix
> http://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html
> WinXP SP2: Go to Start | Run and type
> CMD
> In the command window type
> netsh winsock reset
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx

If you have WinXP SP2 this should do it:
Go to Start | Run and type
CMD
In the command window type
netsh winsock reset

If that doesn't fix it try the others.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

> hello, im not computer savvy, so what im getting here, is to run the
> programs you stated, which i will need to download from another
> computer and apply to mine, since i cant get into the internet, and
> also go into run, cmd and type in what you said, which i do after i
> run the other programs, or is that another option, thanks for your
> help
>
> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> "jlb" <jlb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> hello. i run xp pro on my home computer for the last year, and now
>>> it was attacked by a virus when my daughter was in aol im, i have
>>> run several virus scans, and cleaned them off, but still cant get
>>> into the internet. i keep getting the following two error messages:
>>>
>>> iexplore.exe application error instruction @0x77f57b58 reference
>>> memory @0x01050010 memory could not be read, and
>>>
>>> rundll32.exe app error instruction @0x77f57b58 refernece momory
>>> could not be read
>>>
>>> i have comcast cable modem, and also a router so my other daughter
>>> can wirelessly get into internet from her laptop, which works fine,
>>> i just cant connect to the internet on my main computer. thanks for
>>> all your help on this matter on what i need to do to fix this.
>>>
>>> i have already run spybot s&d, grisoft and adware virus scans.
>>>
>>> i bought this computer ( not new) with xp pro already installed, and
>>> do not have the cd that goes with it
>>>
>>> thanks
>>
>> Get LSP-Fix - a free program to repair damaged Winsock 2 stacks
>> http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
>> WinXP:
>> and WinSockxpFix
>> http://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html
>> WinXP SP2: Go to Start | Run and type
>> CMD
>> In the command window type
>> netsh winsock reset
>>
>> --
>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE

jlb

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! i ran the programs and i am connected again.
thanks do much for your help, and have a safe and happy new year!!!!

> THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! i ran the programs and i am connected again.
> thanks do much for your help, and have a safe and happy new year!!!!

You're welcome.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com