iexplore.exe & rundll32.exe app errors

hello. i run xp pro on my home computer for the last year, and now it was
attacked by a virus when my daughter was in aol im, i have run several virus
scans, and cleaned them off, but still cant get into the internet. i keep
getting the following two error messages:

iexplore.exe application error instruction @0x77f57b58 reference memory
@0x01050010 memory could not be read, and

rundll32.exe app error instruction @0x77f57b58 refernece momory could not be
read

i have comcast cable modem, and also a router so my other daughter can
wirelessly get into internet from her laptop, which works fine, i just cant
connect to the internet on my main computer. thanks for all your help on
this matter on what i need to do to fix this.

i have already run spybot s&d, grisoft and adware virus scans.
> what else can i do,

i bought this computer ( not new) with xp pro already installed, and do not
have the cd that goes with it

thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about iexplore rundll32 errors

    "jlb" <jlb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hello. i run xp pro on my home computer for the last year, and now
    > it was attacked by a virus when my daughter was in aol im, i have run
    > several virus scans, and cleaned them off, but still cant get into
    > the internet. i keep getting the following two error messages:
    >
    > iexplore.exe application error instruction @0x77f57b58 reference
    > memory @0x01050010 memory could not be read, and
    >
    > rundll32.exe app error instruction @0x77f57b58 refernece momory could
    > not be read
    >
    > i have comcast cable modem, and also a router so my other daughter can
    > wirelessly get into internet from her laptop, which works fine, i
    > just cant connect to the internet on my main computer. thanks for
    > all your help on this matter on what i need to do to fix this.
    >
    > i have already run spybot s&d, grisoft and adware virus scans.
    >> what else can i do,
    >
    > i bought this computer ( not new) with xp pro already installed, and
    > do not have the cd that goes with it
    >
    > thanks

    Get LSP-Fix - a free program to repair damaged Winsock 2 stacks
    http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
    WinXP:
    and WinSockxpFix
    WinXP SP2: Go to Start | Run and type
    CMD
    In the command window type
    netsh winsock reset

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    hello, im not computer savvy, so what im getting here, is to run the programs
    you stated, which i will need to download from another computer and apply to
    mine, since i cant get into the internet, and also go into run, cmd and type
    in what you said, which i do after i run the other programs, or is that
    another option, thanks for your help

    "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > "jlb" <jlb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > hello. i run xp pro on my home computer for the last year, and now
    > > it was attacked by a virus when my daughter was in aol im, i have run
    > > several virus scans, and cleaned them off, but still cant get into
    > > the internet. i keep getting the following two error messages:
    > >
    > > iexplore.exe application error instruction @0x77f57b58 reference
    > > memory @0x01050010 memory could not be read, and
    > >
    > > rundll32.exe app error instruction @0x77f57b58 refernece momory could
    > > not be read
    > >
    > > i have comcast cable modem, and also a router so my other daughter can
    > > wirelessly get into internet from her laptop, which works fine, i
    > > just cant connect to the internet on my main computer. thanks for
    > > all your help on this matter on what i need to do to fix this.
    > >
    > > i have already run spybot s&d, grisoft and adware virus scans.
    > >> what else can i do,
    > >
    > > i bought this computer ( not new) with xp pro already installed, and
    > > do not have the cd that goes with it
    > >
    > > thanks
    >
    > Get LSP-Fix - a free program to repair damaged Winsock 2 stacks
    > http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
    > WinXP:
    > and WinSockxpFix
    > http://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html
    > WinXP SP2: Go to Start | Run and type
    > CMD
    > In the command window type
    > netsh winsock reset
    >
    > --
    > Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    > http://www.fjsmjs.com
    > Protect your PC
    > http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx

    If you have WinXP SP2 this should do it:
    Go to Start | Run and type
    CMD
    In the command window type
    netsh winsock reset

    If that doesn't fix it try the others.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    > hello, im not computer savvy, so what im getting here, is to run the
    > programs you stated, which i will need to download from another
    > computer and apply to mine, since i cant get into the internet, and
    > also go into run, cmd and type in what you said, which i do after i
    > run the other programs, or is that another option, thanks for your
    > help
    >
    > "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> "jlb" <jlb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> hello. i run xp pro on my home computer for the last year, and now
    >>> it was attacked by a virus when my daughter was in aol im, i have
    >>> run several virus scans, and cleaned them off, but still cant get
    >>> into the internet. i keep getting the following two error messages:
    >>>
    >>> iexplore.exe application error instruction @0x77f57b58 reference
    >>> memory @0x01050010 memory could not be read, and
    >>>
    >>> rundll32.exe app error instruction @0x77f57b58 refernece momory
    >>> could not be read
    >>>
    >>> i have comcast cable modem, and also a router so my other daughter
    >>> can wirelessly get into internet from her laptop, which works fine,
    >>> i just cant connect to the internet on my main computer. thanks for
    >>> all your help on this matter on what i need to do to fix this.
    >>>
    >>> i have already run spybot s&d, grisoft and adware virus scans.
    >>>
    >>> i bought this computer ( not new) with xp pro already installed, and
    >>> do not have the cd that goes with it
    >>>
    >>> thanks
    >>
    >> Get LSP-Fix - a free program to repair damaged Winsock 2 stacks
    >> http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
    >> WinXP:
    >> and WinSockxpFix
    >> http://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html
    >> WinXP SP2: Go to Start | Run and type
    >> CMD
    >> In the command window type
    >> netsh winsock reset
    >>
    >> --
    >> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE

    THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! i ran the programs and i am connected again.
    thanks do much for your help, and have a safe and happy new year!!!!

    > THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! i ran the programs and i am connected again.
    > thanks do much for your help, and have a safe and happy new year!!!!

    You're welcome.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com