Keyboard And Mouse Bugging

pariAh

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Got my new pc, all good and fine (well thats what i thought) Installed Call Of Duty 1,Call Of Duty 2,Call Of Duty 4 And The New Call Of Duty World At War but while playing the games using a USB keyboard and Mouse they both bug (Only About 10% of the time for the mouse) but very rarely i have 1-2mins of where my keyboard doesnt have the problem, the problem is as follwed ;

1. As Playing FPS (use mostly W,A,S,D) to move so move around by pressing these keys, then when stopping release them
2. After releasing the keys i still move, asif the keyboard is still being pressed down
3. To stop this i must repress and re release the key
4. I die :p because of the silly moving

Im not the best at the tech side of the computering but i have helped out a few people before...

so firstly the obvious solution would to replace the keyboard and mouse so thats what i decided to do, but im still getting the problem!

Just Wondering If Someone Could Point Me In The Right Direction Into Getting This Fixed :)

Cheers For Reading

ThankYou :ange:

organix

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
Hey pariAH sorry to hear about the problem. Unfortunately I can't offer any solutions, but I'm experiencing the same bug in TF2. When I stop moving (release keys) my character will continue to move until I repeatedly jam on the movement buttons. It's frustrating.

A few questions.
1. What mouse and keyboard are you using? I'm using a logitech mouse and keyboard, wired.
2. Are you playing retail boxes of these games or are they digital downloads via direct2drive or steam? I'm using steam.

I'm not sure how many people are having this problem, but now I know there is at least one other person in the world who shares my pain. Best of luck finding a solution, I'll be on the lookout and trying things as well. Please share any info. Thanks.

pariAh

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
im using a microsoft keyboard and mouse and using the boxes.. so proper versions.. i dont know if its because i have 64bit Vista and they need a new driver?