Sony says screw the 360 and netflix

reddragon72

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Got the 360 pretty interface upgrade. Got a live gold account and a netflix subscription. As you know with all that you can watch streaming netflix movies right through your 360, and some in glorious HD quality. Well Sony has stepped in and said no to all Sony owned studio movies to the 360. For the first 8 or so hours you were able to pull up and stream Sony movies, but now when you try and watch a Sony movie via the 360 it either says not availible on the 360 or it just isn't listed.

This is big news and really is a dikc move on Sony's part, and just adds to more reasons why I hate Sony with a passion. Say what you want, but you know that this is crap, and everyone needs to let Sony and Netflix know.

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Well it certainly isn't netflix's nor the 360's fault. The blame exclusively lies with Sony. They seem determined to keep a stranglehold on the number one position on my worst companies in the world list. EA looked to be trying to take the crown and Sony just couldn't have that.

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006

Like Microsoft wouldn't do the same thing if they were in Sony's position? By the way, if you really want to watch ALL of the Netflix movies available, you can just use PlayOn and it works with BOTH the PS3 and Xbox 360.

shrex

Distinguished
May 19, 2008

I have to agree with you, even though i hate microsoft as well they don't even come close to how bad sony are.

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006

I imagine that the issues aren't very common; don't forget, there are at least 10 million active Xbox 360 users who have probably already downloaded the update and they all must have internet, so it's likely that many will post their complaints wherever possible. As to the Sony movie issue, MGM and Sony Pictures are still able to be played on the Xbox 360 through Netflix, so I'm curious if it really is Sony pulling out, or something Netflix should be blamed for.

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
badaxe2, the first link you provided still reads "Sony is to blame" for me, and its reinforced by the user comments below the article.
Regardless that MGM & Sony pics is available, it is still the same company who is withholding licenses for all Columbia flicks.

I cannot agree with Netflix being responsible, they are mixing it with the big boys and will be working very hard not to upset either Microsoft or Sony.
Besides, going on previous track records i think its safe to assume its Sony, or some jumped up suit from Columbia trying to make a name for himself >.<

Also its very rare a new service / software release runs smoothly from the off, hihi Vista.

squatchman

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008

Last I checked, you could still use Microsoft products with/on a Vaio.

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006

You don't get it, do you? Microsoft and Sony DO NOT compete in the computer industry, but they are DIRECT competitors in the console industry. Also, Microsoft has no reason to block Sony from using Windows because it's a sale they make regardless, and they have no potential to make more money without Sony selling computers. In theory someone who is deciding between the 360 and PS3 might decide to go to the PS3 if they like Columbia Tristar movies a lot, which could be why Sony isn't supporting the 360 currently with Columbia Tristar. At this point, other Sony owned studios are on Netflix for the 360, so I think we should at least wait for a real answer from Microsoft/Netflix/Sony. Does anyone even like Columbia Tristar movies anyways?