lreid

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2003
I am new to this forum, but I have a problem in which I can not get an answer on. I have an Asus a7v333 w/ xp 2000 palomino. I run asus probe and mmb 5 to monitor fans, temps, voltages, yada yada yada. yesterday I started to get warnings that rpm on fans were dropping and vcore readings were out of range with mmb5 (set to 5%) it showed anywhere from 1.5v to 2v for vcore readings. I was running a antec 350 p.s. and thought that problem was that, so i went to bestbuy and bought a antec 430w trupower p.s. Got home and same thing happened..now this was from yesterday about 4:30 to about midnight. It has not happened this morning (about 1hr of use this morning) Could there be something wrong with motherboard or could fluctuations at wall outlet do this? any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, les

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
Look in the BIOS Power menu to have an accurate reading of your CPU Vcore. A Palomino AXP 2000+ is a power hungry CPU, It need 1.75V at stock speed, more if overclocked. MBM could be innacurate reading the Vcore value, that's why you should check with the BIOS. It would also be a good idea to look in your motherboard manual to doublecheck the jumpers responsible for setting the Vcore, there are at least 5, plus 1 that is not mentioned in the documentation.

You should search the boards for additional information, there was plenty of posts made on the A7V333 Vcore settings.

Fok Speling Misstake

lreid

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2003
in bios setup it hovers around 1.72 and 1.76 not much fluctuations there. I think the problem i was having was that i was using bothasus probe and mmb5. they may have been fighting with each other on as far as sensors and such..dont know. everything is working fine now..thanks anyway