the aol software starts automatically after i close it.
--
Luimar

AOL Customer Support the good old-fashioned way:
1-800-827-6364

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

Tito wrote:
> the aol software starts automatically after i close it.

I'm afraid you'll need to contact AOL's tech support for resolution
of problems with (or caused by) their product; Microsoft has no
control over AOL's product quality (or lack thereof).

Troubleshooting America Online in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q306478

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Bruce Chambers Wrote:
> Tito wrote:-
> the aol software starts automatically after i close it.-
>

> I'm afraid you'll need to contact AOL's tech support for resolution
> of problems with (or caused by) their product; Microsoft has no
> control over AOL's product quality (or lack thereof).
>
> Troubleshooting America Online in Windows XP
> http://tinyurl.com/6ah79
>
> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on
> having
> both at once. - RAH

Don't be put off by AOL when you do contact them, I have learned
through painful experience that on a whole range of problems AOL Simple
DENY that it has anything to do with them and frequently attempt to pass
the buck, blaming anything and anyone but themselves

--
Paul Webster

I believe that with AOL, having it close immediately would be a good thing.
Wish we could get that to happen on all machines, then maybe the world would
finally be rid of that virus everyone refers to as AOL.

Bobby

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:21:07 -0800, Tito wrote:

> the aol software starts automatically after i close it.

Not a lot of information but it sounds like you have a program (or virus or
adware) trying to connect repeatedly to the internet -and- AOL is setup as
your default browser/connection.

If you'd like, you could use Internet Options> Programs to reset Internet
Explorer as our default browser. This won't interfere with use of your AOL
software. It also won't solve the problem with whatever's trying to connect
but at least the AOL program won't be loading over and over.

If a program is regularly checking the internet for updates or whatever,
change the program's settings.

You'll want to check the system with an antivirus program that has been
updated with current virus definitions. Also check it with anti-adware
programs (AdAware, Spybot Search & Destroy, etc).

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Tito wrote:
> the aol software starts automatically after i close it.

To quote joust-in-jest: -

"If it hurts every time you poke yourself in the eye with a sharp stick
(AOHELL), the obvious solution is to quit poking yourself in the eye with a
sharp stick (AOHELL).

If you absolutely MUST poke yourself in the eye with a sharp stick (AOHELL),
then feel free to seek assistance from the maker of the sharp stick
(AOHELL)."

on salads.

Does being cited mean that I have achieved infamy? ;~))

--
steve

nhit_whit_thenut_@yahoo.com
remove _thenut_ to reach me

joust in jest wrote:
> Does being cited mean that I have achieved infamy? ;~))

You've achieved something, bud! I've now got Kenneth Williams in /Carry on
Caesar/ screaming "Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!" in my head
now! And once's he's in there, Kenny's very hard to shift!

You just make a very good point and put it most succinctly.

on salads.