Problem downloading Image Files using I.E.

graham

I can not save images using IE in the correct format. When I right click
mouse to save image it only allows a save as untitled.bmp, it is no longer
possible to save as filename.jpg or whatever the correct image should be
saved as.

I increased the size of my temporary internet files to the maximum but it
makes no difference, I have deleted all temporary internet files and it
still
makes no difference.

Are there other applications that download from the internet that could be
causing this problem, maybe realplayer or media player that have used all
the
file save allocation capacity.

Please help, my son needs this for his school project work.

"Graham" <graham.goodman@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> I can not save images using IE in the correct format. When I right
> click mouse to save image it only allows a save as untitled.bmp, it
> is no longer possible to save as filename.jpg or whatever the correct
> image should be saved as.
>
> I increased the size of my temporary internet files to the maximum
> but it makes no difference, I have deleted all temporary internet
> files and it still
> makes no difference.
>
> Are there other applications that download from the internet that
> could be causing this problem, maybe realplayer or media player that
> have used all the
> file save allocation capacity.
>
> Please help, my son needs this for his school project work.

That happens when the Temporary Internet Files are too full. In IE click
Tools | Internet Options. Click Delete Files in the Temporary Internet
files section of the General tab. On the next window place a check mark in
the box to Delete all offline content.

If that doesn't fix it, go to Tools | Internet Options | Advanced and scroll
down to the Security section. Uncheck "Do not save encrypted pages to
disk".

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com