I recently installed a new VGA card. After installing I know have a log on
screen with my user name. PRior to the installation of the VGA softweare the
PC would not go through this log on. I wish to return to those days with out
the log on screen. All my family use the same logon.

I have checked the user accoounts, and there is two account, 1 mine and the
other an ASP.Net?? is this normal?

Please help.

Mal

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:01:04 -0800, Mal wrote:

> I recently installed a new VGA card. After installing I know have a log on
> screen with my user name. PRior to the installation of the VGA softweare the
> PC would not go through this log on. I wish to return to those days with out
> the log on screen. All my family use the same logon.
>
> I have checked the user accoounts, and there is two account, 1 mine and the
> other an ASP.Net?? is this normal?
>
> Please help.
>
> Mal

It is normal if you've installed the .NET framework. The account will be
used by programs written around the .NET framework. You can remove the name
from the welcome screen and user accounts control panel using TweakUI for
XP.

TweakUI is one of the Power toys for XP. A link to the download can be
found here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/default.mspx

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Sharon:
Is there some reason why we can NOT enter new questions at this time, or for
the past hour, or so?????
All I can do is reply to other people's messages, such as yours.
Sorry bout that, but it would be nice to be able to enter a question... so,
I'll enter it here and see if anyone reads it.

I downloaded SP2 from a Internet site and it was huge 266mb, and it seemed
to install OK, but now I can't view Temporary Internet Files, and names of
the Explorer folders seem to be different than those I have at the office.

Firewall did not install either.

Someone mentioned that this may be a network version, whatever that means?
But, I was unable to get Microsoft to download SP2 from Updates, so I took
the chance that this was a viable route to go? I question that now... does
anyone know how to get the Temporary
Internet Files to appear in Explorer, I can locate the Temporary Interent
File folder, but there's no detail! I don't have any hidden files, and I use
the classic view, with details and extensions, but no Temporary Internet
Files appear????

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate on all accounts. Plus, I was
unable to post a new message under Windows XP general just a few minutes ago.
Thanks, and Happy New Year, Patrick

FYI, I don't have the Temporary Internet Folder being emptied when I close a
browser, either. I tried to look at all settings, but can't figure out what
the problem is?

Your thoughts?

Thanks, and Happy New Year, Patrick

Thanks, and sorry for the intrusion. Patrick

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:59:05 -0800, Patrick wrote:

> Sharon:
> Is there some reason why we can NOT enter new questions at this time, or for
> the past hour, or so?????
> All I can do is reply to other people's messages, such as yours.
> Sorry bout that, but it would be nice to be able to enter a question... so,
> I'll enter it here and see if anyone reads it.
>
> I downloaded SP2 from a Internet site and it was huge 266mb, and it seemed
> to install OK, but now I can't view Temporary Internet Files, and names of
> the Explorer folders seem to be different than those I have at the office.
>
> Firewall did not install either.
>
> Someone mentioned that this may be a network version, whatever that means?
> But, I was unable to get Microsoft to download SP2 from Updates, so I took
> the chance that this was a viable route to go? I question that now... does
> anyone know how to get the Temporary
> Internet Files to appear in Explorer, I can locate the Temporary Interent
> File folder, but there's no detail! I don't have any hidden files, and I use
> the classic view, with details and extensions, but no Temporary Internet
> Files appear????
>
> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate on all accounts. Plus, I was
> unable to post a new message under Windows XP general just a few minutes ago.
> Thanks, and Happy New Year, Patrick
>
> FYI, I don't have the Temporary Internet Folder being emptied when I close a
> browser, either. I tried to look at all settings, but can't figure out what
> the problem is?
>
> Your thoughts?
>
> Thanks, and Happy New Year, Patrick
>

> Thanks, and sorry for the intrusion. Patrick

Hi, Patrick. No idea what the problem is at the web based interface for the
newsgroups. Sorry.

The download for SP2 is generic for all versions of Windows XP. It sounds
like SP2 did not install well - you should not have parts such as the
firewall missing. You may want to review SP2 information on this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx

Especially the link "What to know before downloading and installing..." and
"Windows XP SP2 Support Center"

I see that Frank Saunders is also helping you with this in another thread
so will end for now.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User