bill

I used windows back up from win98 SE. Now I have win XP and it cant read the
..qic file extensions. Anyone have any suggestion on retreiving my files???

Bill wrote:
> I used windows back up from win98 SE. Now I have win XP and it cant read the
> .qic file extensions. Anyone have any suggestion on retreiving my files???

If you've used Win9x's native backup utility to create *.qic
files, I'm afraid you'll need to restore those files on a Win98
machine prior to transfer to the WinXP machine. As they've always
been since the days of Win95 and WinNT, the two back up file formats
are completely incompatible. Another possible solution would be to
purchase a 3rd party backup utility that can read and convert the
*.qic file format; I've heard that Veritas makes such a product.

WinNT_2K Backup Does Not Recognize Win9x Backup Files
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q155979

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: