c:windowssystem32 folder

Whenever I boot up my desktop using Windows XP Home Edition, a window opens
upon startup for the c:\windows\system32 folder. I can close it and continue
my work, but each time I logoff or reboot it comes back again. I have not
been able to find this folder on my start menu, so I don't have any idea how
to make it go away. Any ideas?
--
RandyinJapan

Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.htm

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

"RCjapan" <RCjapan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I boot up my desktop using Windows XP Home Edition, a window
> opens upon startup for the c:\windows\system32 folder. I can close it
> and continue my work, but each time I logoff or reboot it comes back
> again. I have not been able to find this folder on my start menu, so
> I don't have any idea how to make it go away. Any ideas?

System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/170086

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

RCjapan wrote:
> Whenever I boot up my desktop using Windows XP Home Edition, a window opens
> upon startup for the c:\windows\system32 folder. I can close it and continue
> my work, but each time I logoff or reboot it comes back again. I have not
> been able to find this folder on my start menu, so I don't have any idea how
> to make it go away. Any ideas?

This can be caused by a blank entry, such as can be left behind by
an incomplete program removal, in the
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and/or
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run keys. It can also
be caused by an entry in these same keys that starts with a " / ."

System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170086

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310560

--

Bruce Chambers