Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfire7

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
Hey guys,

I have always been a COD fan and have just about all of them, but was wondering if COD5 is a definitely need to buy and it rocks, mediocre, or terrible with high expectations and horribly let down.

Graphic improvement from COD4?

How is the Frame rate and can us COD4 maxed out graphics guys also play COD5 on maxed out graphics or will I have to lower it?

Story any good without giving away anything?

worth the $40-$50 or should I wait until price drop?

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Wait until the price drops. I thought the single player was extremely sub-standard for a COD game. I can't comment on the multi-player as I haven't played it yet, but if it has the grease gun in it then it might be ok.

Spitfire7

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007

Nothing like it? Hows the feel and the movement? I always thought COD had a good feel to it unlike Far Cry 2. Anything like FC2?

bedwards

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
For multiplayer (especially co-op) COD5 is the goods.

However, the single player isn't as good as COD4's. Not by a long shot. It's still a diverting playthough though - but you won't really be tempted to replay it.

The graphics, while serviceable, seem a small step backwards from COD4's. All the pretty effects are there, but the character modelling seems off. Generally, if you can run COD4 you will also be able to run COD5 IMHO.

locky28

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006
Yeah I'll parot what everyone else has said, the SP is no where near as good as CoD 4.

Graphics are slightly less impressive than CoD 4 but does seem to run a tad smoother on slower hardware. The sound is no where near as good as CoD 4 either, all the guns sound really weak like pea shooters, and it's harder to tell where enemies are based on positional audio (I use 5.1ch headphones).

Multiplayer, spawns are terribad, you're likely to spawn in front of an enemy already firing often. Also rego isn't as good as in CoD4, but my worst complaint is they nerfed bolt action rifles so you have to use stopping power for a one hit kill and if they're using juggernaut you might as well ditch the bolt action :( MP is still good fun though, I think some of the maps are great and having tanks in the game isn't as bad as you'd imagine due to the slow turret spin/slow fire rate. Still a great MP game.

Worth it if you play multiplayer online.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
Btw: WAW DOES require a GPU that supports SM3.0

If you don't have an nvidia 6600 (??) or Ati X1300 or newer- you will not be able to play WAW.

darthvaderkenneth

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2008
i found cod waw running worse on my system on cod4 i could max out with 4xaa 16xaf and vsync at 1680x1050 but in 5 i need to turn of v sync. The physics and gore is better and they hav a flamethrower but some of the graphics are worse than cod4, but for this year's pc games i would say CoD5 is FPS of the year.

wh3resmycar

Distinguished
if you call the static leaves on cod5 an improvement over the glorious moonlight/sunlight reflecting flora from cod4 be my guest.

the levels too have some silly boundaries. it felt like a game from 5 years ago where you cant wander far enough leaving you with the only option - go straight forward through the level.

Status
Not open for further replies.