Trying to get back on Live.

Darc

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
I'm hoping to find a bit of tech support here.

I just moved and installed cable internet through my new SB5101 SURFboard Cable Modem and I can't seem to get it to connect to my console and get back on X-Box Live, I've tried running it through my Linksys Wireless-G broadband router and while the router seems to run fine neither the computer nor the console will go online when I hook them into the router. I connect to the computer through a USB connection and when I plug the ethernet cord into my computer through a USB to ethernet adapter it won't connect, and when I try to get my X-Box online it gives me a DNS error. A friend of mine ran the router through it's paces and says that it's running just fine, but the cable modem is having problems. I hope I made some sense and you guys can help me.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
im completely confused...

you have a ethernet to usb adapter for your router? or your cable modem?

it should be....

cable modem, cat 5 to Router, then Cat 5 from router to Computer, and cat 5 from 360 to Router.

Darc

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
From the cable modem there's USB to computer and ethernet to router, from the router to the 360 with another ethernet.

If I try to connect the computer through the router as well I have to use an ethernet to USB adaptor and it won't connect.

TRENDING THREADS