OE blocks my attachments

Carol

Whenever I attach a file folder of pictures to an email,
OE blocks it as an "unsafe attachment" when I send. How
do I get around this? Is there a way of tacking the
folder into the message block?

I also have the problem of not being able to send email
from IE; I get an error message, and must go to my outbox
in OE to send.

TIA,
Carol

Tools > Options > Security > Do not allow...

In Outlook Express, security zones enable you to choose whether or not
active content, such as ActiveX Controls and scripts, can be run from inside
HTML e-mail messages. You can choose a moderate security level that allows
most active content to run, or you can choose a more restrictive security
level.

1.. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Security tab.
2.. In the Security Zones section, choose an Internet Explorer security
zone:
a.. Choose Internet zone for standard use. It is used by a majority of
Outlook Express users.
b.. Choose Restricted sites zone to create a more secure environment.
Note

a.. You can adjust the security level of these and other zones in Internet
Explorer. The security settings that you make in Internet Explorer also
apply to Outlook Express. In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click
Internet Options, and then adjust your settings on the Security tab.
b..
"Carol" <cafy@gis.net> wrote in message
> Whenever I attach a file folder of pictures to an email,
> OE blocks it as an "unsafe attachment" when I send. How
> do I get around this? Is there a way of tacking the
> folder into the message block?
>
> I also have the problem of not being able to send email
> from IE; I get an error message, and must go to my outbox
> in OE to send.
>
> TIA,
> Carol

begin 666 note.gif
M1TE&.#EA"@`*`+/_`(V,C?__S/_,`/\%!?]=7<# P-/3T\# P(6%A0("`@``
M`````````````````````"'Y! $```4`+ `````*``H`0 0H$,AI#AD@Z)U*
AR1HB)(8'<N,7&EJG;JV P4GZ&@D2(";<>HF@,.B)```[
`
end

Carol wrote:
> Whenever I attach a file folder of pictures to an email,
> OE blocks it as an "unsafe attachment" when I send. How
> do I get around this? Is there a way of tacking the
> folder into the message block?
>
> I also have the problem of not being able to send email
> from IE; I get an error message, and must go to my outbox
> in OE to send.
>
> TIA,
> Carol

1)Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
Email Handling
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2email.mspx

2)http://www.oehelp.com/oelnk.aspx

--