Registry Error Warning

I recently installed a new hard drive as a new boot drive and moved
everything from the old boot drive to the new one. Everything works fine
except that I get a warning dialog box that says Registry Error when I boot
the system. I have exported the registry from the original hard drive, but
when I try to import it with Regedit, it says that it can't because
something has some of the registry keys open. How do I get rid of the
warning or import a new copy of the registry?

There is only one correct way to copy an old hard disk to a new one. How did
you do it?

Ted Zieglar