Locking Up

Hi,
I just ran a re-install of WinXP home, ran all of the updates, all the way
up to SP2, and installed all of the appropriate drivers. I am having a
problem with the new installation locking up, screen blacking out, and
rebooting on its own. The only other things installed on the computer right
now are the OS, and Norton Antivirus. Any ideas of what exactly might be the
problem? Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks.

santa

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

you got hit by one ofthe DOOM Virus's due to lack of a firewall