How to remove CPU from HP notebook motherboard?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

I have a pavilion notebook with an AMD CPU. I cannot find a way to
get the CPU off. There is no latch, no screw to turn, nothing. Is
there an alternative way to get it out? I'd like to try it in my
desktop motherboard to verify the CPU is still good.

Thanks
Michael

NewsBirdie <newsbirdie@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have a pavilion notebook with an AMD CPU. I cannot find a way to
> get the CPU off. There is no latch, no screw to turn, nothing. Is
> there an alternative way to get it out? I'd like to try it in my
> desktop motherboard to verify the CPU is still good.

If the processor isn't in a mini-ZIF with an obvious release mechanism, then
it's a fair bet that it's soldered on the MB and not removable.

--
Regards,

James