There are at least 20 AARs in the game forum, including WWII, NTC (mechanized), and counter-insurgency battles.
Computer Wargame Features:
- CIVILIAN VERSION FREE TO DOWNLOAD AND PLAY.
- Powerful and easy to use 3D and 2D map based user interface.
- Units are individual, section, or platoon/battery sized units.
- Move your units by issuing waypoints by clicking on the map.
- Multiple players over LAN and Internet, each controlling specific forces.
- Real time with 30 second time steps, time compression adjustable up to 10X.
- Detailed combat results, movement, and visibility/LOS models.
- Positional sound effects (movement, weapons, etc.) and TTS speech reports.
- IR sights (2G FLIR, NVD, etc.), radar (surface search, air search, JSTARS), smoke, and illumination modeling.
- Aviation assets return to off-map "replenish" and "hold" areas between missions over map.
- 3D terrain height maps with 100m grid squares. Maps are from NASA SRTM90 data.
- Automated single and grouped unit pathfinding.
- Explicit ammunition and fuel resupply capabilities, however this is rarely used given the time and scale of most scenarios.
- Combat Engineering Features.
A Voice Chat program is included for simulated radio network during play.
The game 3D terrain graphics do not work with every video card driver--most work fine. As a backup you can use the CPU graphics mode, which works 100% of the time but is not as fast or attractive. Laptop play is not recommended. Minimum screen resolution is 1280x1024. 22", 24", 30" or dual 19" monitors are recommended.