What is a good stable user friendly MB for XP 1800

MonteMan

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
A day ago I was pumped and primed when I recieved another stick of 2700 DDR (512 Micron) and a Radeon 9700 Pro. After installing everything seemed to be working great. I played some games for a few mins and I got booted, reloaded and I restarted. After this I decieded to format and start on a clean state thinking old video card drivers might be causeing the problems. So I format and load up windows XP, to my supprise I get a blue screen of death when loading up and after the blue screen my monitor does not show anything it acts as it was turned off. So I put in a old video card and it does the same thing. Now I am thinking maybe the motherboard is bad.

My question is what is a good stable board that will run a Radeon 9700 Pro and a stick of 512 DDR and 256 DDR. I am stick of messing around w/ this MSI KT3 Ultra, Anyone have any suggestions that might remedy this problem or a good stable user friendly motherboard !

Thanks for your help

AfroGeek1

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
Look Dude! I got down with Abit...They have several to choose from. If not Abit, then try ASUS. But, I betcha know this already. Other boards are cool, but the above mentioned motherboards have a reputation for stability.

Peace...I'm out

MonteMan

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
What model should I look for just thier new one. I know allot of boards have problems with the Radeon 9700 Pro like the Asus a7n8x. Abit however might be a nice one to look into.

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
Get a nForce2 board, Epox 8RDA and MSI K7N2-L are good among cheap nForce2 boards

Submit your opinion <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=28537#28537" target="_new"> Should Tom Fire Omid? </A>