Poor quality DVD recording

I am having trouble obtaining a good quality recording to DVD. The picture
appears very jerky and no where near as clear as to when I record it direct
to tape using a VCR.
My Digital Handycam is a:
Sony DCR-TRV19E
My Computer system is:
Windows XP
HP Pavilion-2.8GHz256MB 266MHz DDRSDRAM memory.
Software: InterVideo WinDVD Creator
I am transferring using a firewire (1394)

Thanks Alan

Windows XP does not include DVD creation software. Have you contacted
technical support for your DVD creation software?

Ted Zieglar