Any program with its own download feature--such as Real Networks, a
download manager like Get Right, Apple's QuickTime--won't download since I
installed Windows XP and SP2. I get a failure to connect to the server every
time.

"Valjean" wrote:

> Any program with its own download feature--such as Real Networks, a
> download manager like Get Right, Apple's QuickTime--won't download since I
> installed Windows XP and SP2. I get a failure to connect to the server every
> time.

Start> Control Panel> Windows Firewall Change to allow those specific
programs to access the Internet.

No, this doesn't do it too...

"Chuck Davis" <ChuckDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Valjean" wrote:
>
>> Any program with its own download feature--such as Real Networks, a
>> download manager like Get Right, Apple's QuickTime--won't download since
>> installed Windows XP and SP2. I get a failure to connect to the server
>> every
>> time.
>>

> Start> Control Panel> Windows Firewall Change to allow those specific
> programs to access the Internet.

"Chuck Davis" <ChuckDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Valjean" wrote:
>
>> Any program with its own download feature--such as Real Networks, a
>> download manager like Get Right, Apple's QuickTime--won't download since I
>> installed Windows XP and SP2. I get a failure to connect to the server every
>> time.
>>

> Start> Control Panel> Windows Firewall Change to allow those specific
> programs to access the Internet.

Just to add - perhaps see if there are any updates to the programs. I had to update
my download manager after updating to SP2.