Radio Shack Game Help Please!

veiledturnip

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2008
Hi! I just bought this really old game - it is a square box that fits in your palm. It ahs 4 buttons and 4 lights near each. It's supposed be a game where I suppose you follow the sequence but I can't understand how it works. When I turn it on each light lights up in sequence and plays a different tone and then it just continues doing so.

I have tried following along with the sequence but that doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know how to play this game?

veiledturnip

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2008
It's not simon - I just found on it the words "pocket repeat". I have tried to follow along to the rules of simon but am still struggling. Will keep on persisting. Sorry about the "old" comment. It looks pretty ancient to me!! :)

veiledturnip

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2008
Hi all. Thank you for your help. I found the problem. One of the buttons doesn't work :( which in essence means the game is useless. I pulled it apart but then had no idea what do from there so put it back together again! Ah well. 50c wasn't too much to lose!

aaaaaa

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
Pocket Repeat (600-2482) Operation

Turning the Pocket Repeat ON/OFF
Set the ON/OFF to ON to turn on the Pocket Repeat.

Watch for each red light to blink and listen for the different tones. Now, you can play a game.

NOTE: If you do not press any button within about 15 seconds, the lights blink and the tones sound every 10 seconds.
Set the ON/OFF to OFF to turn off the Pocket Repeat at any time.

Playing the Games

To Play Game 1
1. Press the green Game 1 button and watch for the light to blink.

2. After the light blinks and its tone sounds, press that button.

3. Wait for the game to repeat itself and watch for it to add on a step.
Press the same buttons where you saw the lights.

Each time you correctly repeat the pattern, the game will add another step to the pattern. After you repeat each pattern, the game gets faster.

If you make a mistake, the button you pressed that was incorrect buzzes and the game is over. If you correctly repeat all 32 steps in the game, you are a CHAMP!

4. After a game, press LAST to have the Pocket Repeat play the last pattern you successfully completed.
To play the last game over again, press AGAIN.

To Play Game 2
1. Press the blue Game 2 button and watch for the light to blink.

2. After the light blinks and the tone sounds, press that button. Then press a button of your choice to add the next step in the pattern.

3. Wait for the game to repeat itself and watch for it to add on a step. Then you add another step. Each time you correctly repeat a pattern the game will add another step to the pattern and wait for you to add the next step. After you repeat each pattern, the game gets faster.

If you make a mistake, the button you pressed that was incorrect buzzes and the game is over. If you successfully complete all 32 steps in the game, you are a CHAMP!

4. After a game, press LAST to have the Pocket Repeat play back the last pattern you successfully completed.
To play the last game over again, press again.

SCORING

If you correctly repeat this number of steps: This light blinks:

00 - 07: ............................ BEGINNER
08 - 21: ............................ AMATEUR
22 - 31: ............................ EXPERT
32+ : ............................ CHAMP