Printer Networking

I have two computers at home that are connected via a wireless network. I
would like one printer to handle all print jobs, so I'd like to network the
printer. I have the printer installed locally on one computer. How do I
connect it to my network? It does not have an individual network card and
when I specify "share this printer" on the printer properties I still cannot
solve my problem. Does the printer have its own individual IP address?
Otherwise, how do I network my printers? Thanks in advance.

On 01/01/2005 Larry Newton wrote:

> I have two computers at home that are connected via a wireless
> network. I would like one printer to handle all print jobs, so I'd
> like to network the printer. I have the printer installed locally on
> one computer. How do I connect it to my network? It does not have
> an individual network card and when I specify "share this printer" on
> the printer properties I still cannot solve my problem. Does the
> printer have its own individual IP address? Otherwise, how do I
> network my printers? Thanks in advance.

Have you tried to add the printer on the other PC (i.e. the one it is
not connected to)? (Control Panel | Printers and Faxes | Add Printer).

If you do this it should give you the option to add a network printer,
you need to add it before you can use it.

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.2 http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/delphi.htm

You did not state what kind of printer you have
Some will not network
If you have the printer installed locally that is to one machine then "No"
it does not have an IP
You may want to get a print server check out the site for your rotor or
ecost for a price.
Then it will have it own Ip and you would not have to have a both pcs
running

"Larry Newton" <tubbfan@excite.com> wrote in message
>I have two computers at home that are connected via a wireless network. I
>would like one printer to handle all print jobs, so I'd like to network the
>printer. I have the printer installed locally on one computer. How do I
>connect it to my network? It does not have an individual network card and
>when I specify "share this printer" on the printer properties I still
>cannot solve my problem. Does the printer have its own individual IP
>address? Otherwise, how do I network my printers? Thanks in advance.

I configured my firewall to let the two computers talk to each other.
Thanks for the suggestions.