Adobe Reader 7.0

I installed Adobe Reader 7.0 as an administrator user. A shortcut was placed
in All Users\Desktop. Clicking on the shortcut brought up the reader. When a
limited user logged in and clicked on the shortcut, the following error
message was displayed:

AcroRd32.exe - Applcation Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Administrator or User/Power User Rights Needed to Install
or Run Acrobat Products in Palm OS or Windows XP, 2000, or NT
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/323421.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Bractals" wrote:

| I installed Adobe Reader 7.0 as an administrator user. A shortcut was placed
| in All Users\Desktop. Clicking on the shortcut brought up the reader. When a
| limited user logged in and clicked on the shortcut, the following error
| message was displayed:
|
| AcroRd32.exe - Applcation Error
| The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022).
|
| Any help will be greatly appreciated.

It seems strange that you would need to grant a user with "limited" rights
those of an administrator so that he could read a document with the universal
pdf format.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Administrator or User/Power User Rights Needed to Install
> or Run Acrobat Products in Palm OS or Windows XP, 2000, or NT
> http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/323421.html
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "Bractals" wrote:
>
> | I installed Adobe Reader 7.0 as an administrator user. A shortcut was placed
> | in All Users\Desktop. Clicking on the shortcut brought up the reader. When a
> | limited user logged in and clicked on the shortcut, the following error
> | message was displayed:
> |
> | AcroRd32.exe - Applcation Error
> | The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022).
> |
> | Any help will be greatly appreciated.

That, my friend, is an issue you will need to discuss with Adobe, who
released a new version of Acrobat that does not play well with Windows User
Accounts.

--
steve

nhit_whit_thenut_@yahoo.com