Power up

Sometimes my computer powers up after an automatic standby just by walking
into the room, sometimes I have to press a key. (I have it set to hibernate
quite quickly so it should be hibernating. My laptop with windowsXP
hibernated ok but this is a new desktop). It's giving me the creeps.
Is there a setting for 'Only wake if I press a key'?
1 answer Last reply
More about power

    "ChrisB" <ChrisB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Sometimes my computer powers up after an automatic standby just by
    > walking into the room, sometimes I have to press a key. (I have it
    > set to hibernate quite quickly so it should be hibernating. My laptop
    > with windowsXP hibernated ok but this is a new desktop). It's giving
    > me the creeps.
    > Is there a setting for 'Only wake if I press a key'?

    If your floor is bouncy enough, walking into the room may make the mouse
    bounce enough to do it. It does for me sometimes.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

Power Up Windows XP