How to turn router into simple access point?

I'd like to treat my wireless router (D-link DI-524) as a simple
access point, without its router facilities & functions.

How would I do this?

Connection would be to a wired router which in turn has connection to
broadband modem.

Dave G.

basically cable from your main router into a LAN port of the 2nd router
after giving the radio a fixed IP
here's article...
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/myincludes/faq_count.php?url=FAQ-38-Setup+and+Configuration-16&id=186